VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, if you are in the market for some awesome sounding slip-ons then check out the ones by Rinehart. Apparently, the president of Rinehart visited MOMS in Foxboro (MA) sometime ago and a bunch were exclusively manufactured for them, at least that's the story the nice & helpful parts guy told me. Keep in mind that its the same as scout except for the mounting bracket.

I just installed them today, went for a 30 mile ride and man it was the most fun I have had in a while. IMHO they are the best slip-ons for Octane. I probably don't have the right equipment to record the audio but you can check out one installed on Scout at

Pics below. Let me know if you have any questions.

View attachment 491679 View attachment 491681

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Runs fine, i.e., no misfires, knocking or anything like that. My guess is that rough baffles and longer pipes help to maintain back-pressure relatively closer to stock levels.

They are loud in a good way (louder lower frequencies). Although, to be honest I do feel embarrassed while starting and idling (live in nice quiet neighborhood).

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yeah. I love the look of the shorter RC pipes but they are loud & have a higher pitch sound. My friends love the sound. I heard a Scout go by one day & he had the Rhinehart pipes & the sound was much lower.
The RC pipes make the bike run a little lean. Sharp throttle response & a little popping here & there but nothing a little Dobeck unit won't solve.
My area is congested but the neighbors are used to me & my bikes! I have 2 other sportbikes.
Thanks for the update. This is what I'm looking for in sound I think.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.