Rinehart Performance muffler :):):) | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Rinehart Performance muffler :):):)

Discussion in 'Victory Boardwalk' started by Carlosa760, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Carlosa760

Carlosa760 Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2016 Victory Highball
    What's up Vog Family! I began this crazy journey of installing the best I could find ( mainly afford lol) Slip on mufflers to replace my exhaust on my Boardwalk. So I'll start with pre-awesomeness.
    1) Of course, about a year after purchasing my Boardwalk, I replaced the stock exhaust and upgraded to stage 1 bow exhaust system that victory offers. At first it was ok, gave me a little difference, but wasn't satisfied with sound. So I did what any young 22 year old with some spare time would do, chop the mufflers. But, still no difference, I chopped the baffle etc. I purchase the system for $200 from a cool shop in hesperia Ca, and so as you can tell not really a big deal for me to experiment with:)
    2) I started researching all posts and the threads, watching multiple videos, can't tell you how much I've learned about this and that and which exhaust and mufflers could do what have you lol. So, I went for the impossible, after studying various slip ons, it was either a custom project to go with Vance and Hines slip ons, or Rinehart performance. So, the journey began. I purchased the rinehart mufflers from a shop in Westminster called YC performance, bought for crazy wholesale price:) . Prayed it through on which shop I would trust ( yet afford lol) that would help me accomplish my dreams for my victory Boardwalk to have the first Rinehart performance exhaust custom made . So I did. After visiting many shops, not getting a lot of returned phone calls:/, my neighbor recommended me a cool guy in Vista wholesale tube welding who does custom metal fabrication work. So I went yesterday, and after seven hours of custom header pipe welding add-ons, custom bracket made, I literally want to call in sick the whole week to just to cruise the Boardwalk cross country, the sound is screaming awesome, and the performance gain is incredible. Let me know if yall have any questions I'd be more than happy to advise anyone interested in something similar.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  2. sheikyerbouti

sheikyerbouti Member

13 Hardball, Lloydz touring cams, timing wheel, air cleaner, PCV, 1/4 throttle ring, D&D pipes
    Nice!

I love the sound of rineharts, wish they offered them for our bikes. Congrats on doing all the work.

3. Judged

Judged Active Member

'13 Victory Judge
    Good on you for going your own way, not nearly enough people do that. I'm sure it sounds sweet, and those rineharts really work on your boardwalk. I'd recommend black-wrapping those pipes though as those welds kind of take away from the rest of it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Iron Lion

Iron Lion Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Country
    I see your fairly new around here? No one here is going to believe your tale....pics do not do it justice. I think what VOG people like is video evidence. You know.....coming and going , getting on the throttle out on the road. That would make your dream story really believable. (tongue in cheek)
    :popcorn:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Judged

Judged Active Member

'13 Victory Judge
    [​IMG]

I was thinking the same thing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious Well-Known Member

2016 Magnum
    Damn those headers are blued a lot. The cans look great!

I second Judge's suggestion of wrapping the headers, those welds aren't the prettiest. Still, it's awesome that you went your own way and did something custom to get what you wanted.

The boardwalk is a bit retro, I think a wrap would look good.

7. Judged

Judged Active Member

'13 Victory Judge
    Yeah, that's why I didn't suggest the titanium wrap.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  8. crosscountryla

crosscountryla Well-Known Member

2014 cross country tour
    Looks like you bike is running really lean from looking at the head pipes. A fuel tuner would help this problem.

9. Carlosa760

Carlosa760 Member

2016 Victory Highball
    Awesome y'all thanks for the feedback:) Yeah I think the heat blue color around the headers were due to the previous slip on baffle muffler inserts that where on there previously, the little wire mesh stuffed in header pipes, it started breaking in there due to my previous mechanic drilling a hole through those mesh inserts, I think a lot of heat build up started due to that in that area. But yeah I totally agree, sound video yew hew!!! God bless y'all