VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I have an 07 8-ball which does not have the right side cheese wedge. I've been talking with my dealer (Great guys to deal with!http://www.chesapeakecycles.com/) and it seems about the only option I can find is buying the later model oil lines ($202.00), bracket and hardware, and the wedge. All together I'm looking at $350.00 all because my bike doesn't have the "Mounting points" for the bracket.
Has anybody done this maybe through aftermarket parts or another bracket? I'm having a hard time swallowing $350.00. Any input will help.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Let me check my garage tonight....I may have a left side that can possibly be mounted on right using some hose clamps around your existing oil lines. I'll let you know.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks Noemtz. If it's that simple I can probably fab a bracket. a picture would be a big help!
Andy, already checked cycleops. I have an email out to them awaiting a response. According to my dealer that bracket is for the Billet wedges only.
Which I forgot to mention, at this point I just want to mount a factory wedge.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
krazed22 said:
Thanks Noemtz. If it's that simple I can probably fab a bracket. a picture would be a big help!
Andy, already checked cycleops. I have an email out to them awaiting a response. According to my dealer that bracket is for the Billet wedges only.
Which I forgot to mention, at this point I just want to mount a factory wedge.
This is what I have...it is a used left side bracket and cheese wedge......if interested in it....make me an offer.

What is actually on the right side is this below......if your pretty handy, you can prolly figure out a way to attach this thing to your existing oil lines.

Hopefully this will help.
NOEMTZ

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
BTW...I also have a brand new oem 100 CU wedge badge (plastice still on it, never installed) and a new chrome oem wedge as well in stock (never installed)...if interested in those, I can quote you a price plus shipping.

Thanks,
NOEMTZ

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Checked them out and they do still carry it. $130.00 for Chrome or $150.00 for black. Should be here in a week. I'll post some feedback on quality after install. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I actually looked at that bracket and according to my dealer it only works with Cycleops wedges and not the factory ones. Not sure if anyone can verify that but I'd like to know.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Call 706-861-2525, ask for Aaron - tell him Steven from AL (just bought an 8Ball off their floor last week) told you to call. Their website: www.superstreetcustomcycles.com

The KNOW and LOVE Victory as they are dealer for V, Big Dog, Triumph and others . I had to buy a right side wedge for mine while I was there last week... $40 for the Chrome Box, without a 100ci badge. He also can get the bracket for $30 if I remember correctly. I did not buy it as I can cut my own.

Super easy to work with. And on a side note, they have some bad Victory's on the floor and they are the undisputed World's Largest Big Dog Dealer. They have number 1 and 2 of 15 Big Dog "baggers" sitting on the floor. Just trying to reinforce that these guys are NOT shade-tree bike builders. Good luck. -sa

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
EightBall_Max said:
I like the bracket NOEMTZ. Are you making these yourself. How does it mount? And how much? Send me a PM. Want to put one on my 05 8ball.
These mount using Stainless Steel clamps and factory cheese wedge snaps right in afterwards. These are powder coated black and very easy to install. Price is $41 plus shipping.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.