VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just sank my teeth into the new Dream Theater CD today (Black clouds & silver linings)and I have to say this CD rocks. I don't think too many people can or will appreciate Dream Theater's music, but this new release got me in the mood for riding. It's a 3 CD set with 6 original tracks onthe firstdisc, the second disc is the instrumental version of the 6 tracks off the first disc.The last disc covers 6 songs from other bands. (hint, one of em is from Iron Maiden)
Obviously listening to the instrumental version absolutely kicks arshhh. (track 6)
Once again, not too many people get this type of music, but it does the trick for me!! Just thought I'd share. Hold on tight and don't forget to look at the speedometer!!! Rock on!

·
Registered
266 Posts

I have always like the song "Pull Me Under" and I have "Live at Budakon (I'm sure thatI hacked up that spelling!!)" on Dvd..
I haven't really heard much of this disc that you are speaking of.
So, are you saying the disc 3 are covers of other artistor are they Dream Theater songs done by other artist..?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

The album was just released in June. Disc 3 is DT covering other bands. I think this is thier best release to date. IMHO. I felt Octavarium and the subsequent live DVD was untopable (live with orchestra), but true in DT fashion, they'veproduced another gem. It's amazing that they've been around for as long as they have. 24 years and counting. Most rock bands run out of material after the second or third album and hit up a greatest hits album, then slowly fade away.
As you can tell, I'm a DT fanatic. Rock on!! In prog we trust.

·
Registered
2 Posts
will take up the suggestion to try Dream Theatre. They are the opening act for Iron Maiden (here in Alberta in June) - so want to familiarize myself with them. On a further note - I think the new Slash CD will be playing on my iPOD while I ride most of the summer.

·
Registered
397 Posts

Most anything from:
George Thorogood & The Destroyers
Iron Maiden
Metallica
Rush

·
Registered
397 Posts
Rolling Stones, Creed, CCR, and Classic Van Halen 1984!

·
Registered
17,770 Posts

Anything from the "Easy Rider" soundtrack, particularly "Born to be wild".
You know;
Get your motor running
head out on the highway
looking for adventure and whatever comes my way
Also like Arlo Guthrie's;
"I don't want a pickle
just wanna ride my motor-----cycle
Newest album I like is by "Burn Blue Sky"
Hard, heavy rock with strong vocals.
Tracks 5, 6, and 7 are my favorites.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.