VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there
I was just wondering if anyone out there is from alberta and likes to ride? Even jsut short cruses...i usually end up riding alone as most of my friends with bikes are either Har(d)ley riders and are rarely out, or just busy with work family's etc. Just lookin for someone to ride with or even jsut sujestions of good places to ride.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
From Red Deer a run out to Saskatchewan Crossing would be a decent run. A run down to Drumheller along the Red Deer river would be good. Also heading out to Canmore and the highwood Pass are also good rides. Most of these would be day long rides. As for short rides that are not completely flat and open, there isn't much.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Also if you are looking for people to ride with around red deer, click on find member and break it down into the Canada, AB group and just click on those profiles to see who is near you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey Dwayne,

I live just south of Red Deer and one of my favorite shorter local runs is to take the CE trail into Red Deer, go through town and then head west on Burnt Lake trail to 781. I'll go north on 781 into Sylvan Lake and take Hwy 20 north to Bentley. At Bentley I'll head east to Lacombe on Hwy 12. At Lacombe, I'll take Hwy 2A south through Blackfalds. South of Blackfalds, I'll head east on Hwy 597 to the Freedom Road. I'll take the Freedom Road south to Hwy 11 where I'll turn west and go through the river valley back to Red Deer.

Roads are all in good condition and it has the most curves I've found so far in the Red Deer area.

I will also head east from Red Deer on Hwy 11 to Alix and ride Hwy 21 up to Bashaw and Rochon Sands.

Happy riding!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hey there *******. I am in Airdrie. For day rides Drumheller and than onto Wayne for chicken wings and beers at the old hotel. Black Diamond is a nice ride as well stopping for eats at the hotel at the 4 way stop. An overnighter that I enjoy is Whitefish, Montana. 5 to 6 hours of riding followed up by, you guessed it, wings and beers at Bulldogs Saloon.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Thanks guys
Durak that is a nice ride...all the construction at teh lacombe overpass kinda sux but its a small sacrifice. I would recomend one change to that ride...when you are on 597 just take that little jog through burbank it brings you back to 597 but is very curvey scenic and nice pavement, all acerage subdivisions back in there so I slow down a little tho.
BMC55...im jelous. there are alot of very nice day rides that a guy can do south and west of calgary...i rode that black dimond loop (or close to it) the other day. very nice! It just about too much this late in the year to start at the north of red deer adn make them loops tho. I have to do it when im visiting my girlfriend in calgary.
Thanks guys i will try to get out and do these loops a few more times before i run out of sunlight and plus 0 weather.
If anyone is looking for a person to ride with ever drop me a line i check this site a cpl times a day when im at work

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Well its not Red Deer but its a nice ride . A bunch of us are heading up to Cold Lake for lunch at the pub on the lake see ya there.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
One ride I want to take is Hinton to Grand Cache

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ya i hear that that is a nice road but thats a long ride if you are trying to make a loop. if you are just going up and back on the same road then it is definetly doable and could be real good for sure.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts

redneck_dwayne said:
Ya i hear that that is a nice road but thats a long ride if you are trying to make a loop. if you are just going up and back on the same road then it is definetly doable and could be real good for sure.
For me doing the loop up to Grande Prarie it would be 951km according to googlemaps. That would be a decent day ride. For you it would be a long day ride 1360km (give or take 50)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm in Edmonton so from here a good weekend ride is down 22 to Rockymountain house through Sask crossing (always wet though) and south into Radium, dinner, hotspring and ride back the next day.
Finally had a chance to do it on my new Vision in August, perfect!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Cool thread guys, we have a roup in Cold Lake thats up for some rides and maybe a meet in the middle thing. We will have to do some spring planning.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.