VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well Sept 14 I went for a ride after work I was headed down the road doing 60 0r so the lady in the oncoming lane was waiting to make a left when she was rear rended which put her in my lane I went 40 ft after bouncing off her windshield it broke my bike in 2 I don't remember anything got air lifted I have a long way to go no I did not have a helmet before you ask.Please pay attention when you are driving!!!! At least I'm still here to write this from the hospital Ride Safe!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I hate that happened to ya, and goes to show how one idiot can cause calamity...

But my wise ass wants to know, were your pipes loud??? Sorry side joke....
Take it easy and gl with healing

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Ya, make me thing, I'm glad I have a steal frame... It's amazing how fast **** happens, and it goes to show why, if your making a left turn, why you shouldn't turn your wheel till your actually turning....

·
Registered
387 Posts
Sorry you are hurt, hope you heal fast and get your knees in the breeze soon! Too many drivers not paying attention to job 1 which is driving their cage.

Reactions: Wetland Destroyer

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have been wondering about you. That accident happened about 4 miles from my home. I was in the traffic jamb after the accident with the cops and firemen stopping traffic (this was near a town of about 350 population...we NEVER have traffic jambs). The only thing the newspaper said was that you were airlifted. Do you live in this area?
Good Luck with your recovery!

By the way, my brother and riding partner since we were kids was killed a few years ago when a left turning pickup was rear-ended and he hit him head-on, and he was in his pickup, not his bike, so I second what nickr914 said above.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
damn the bad luck,,,and through absolutely no fault of your own. a friend of mine and his wife had a teenager pull right out in front of them, wife went over the car but he did not. they both recovered but it took time and the were only going about 40 mph. sh!t like this happens way too often, thanks for sharing. doctors can do amazing stuff these days and physical therapy is key ! good luck and i hope you know a good lawyer !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have been wondering about you. That accident happened about 4 miles from my home. I was in the traffic jamb after the accident with the cops and firemen stopping traffic (this was near a town of about 350 population...we NEVER have traffic jambs). The only thing the newspaper said was that you were airlifted. Do you live in this area?
Good Luck with your recovery!

By the way, my brother and riding partner since we were kids was killed when a left turning pickup was rear-ended and he hit him head-on, and he was in his pickup, no his bike, so I second whaat nickr914 said above.
Yes I do live in the area I'm sure I have seen you around thank you!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wow that's a crazy picture. I'm glad you made it out alive Heal quickly!

·
Registered
9,215 Posts
Recover well, and very sorry to hear about the crash. Hate it when it happens, especially when some other fool is the cause.

·
Premium Member
14,190 Posts
Glad your here to pass on the story. I'm thinking HE has more plans for you down here...God speed in your recovery:icon_thumleft:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.