VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
11,923 Posts
Pretty interesting. News cameras do it all the time. When in public you have no reasonable right to privacy. He will win that case. The dual party consent laws were really meant for telecommunications.

How bout police dash cams?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Clubford00 said:
dsjr70 said:
So it's okay for us to be video'd and recorded?
Yes without our consent either. Big brother hard at work with the do as we say not as we do attitude !
That was exactly what I was thinking!

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

No disrespect to any police officers, but how do they figure he was unaware that he was being recorded with that big thing strapped to the guys head. Also, if you step out of an unmarked POS with a gun at your side in Florida and do not have a badge in your hand be prepared for the outcome. I cant speak for anyone else, but I legally have the right to carry my gun and Florida law protects me when I am in or on my vehicle at any point I feel threatened. The police officer was a threat in this instance and taking 5 seconds to announce himself as an officer would have been 3.5 seconds to long.
I do respect all law enforcement officers out there, but he should have came out with his badge first then his gun or at minimum both of them. I dont know what the officers status was but this was a rookie mistake and he is lucky he pulled over someone that wasnt armed.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

BMC55 said:
And just think none of this would have happened if he had been obeying the law by not speeding and wheeling down the highway.
I agree, but any police officer will tell you there is a right and wrong way to approach any suspect when you are out of uniform. Badge first or badge and gun at the same time if the suspect poses a threat. This guy did not pose a threat to the officer.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Give him a ticket, take away the dumb arses drivers license..... BUT, he didn't intentionately tape the cop... The cop put himself in a situation to be taped. Let that charge slide.

But if you ride like an arse you shouldn't be on the public streets.....

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
BMC55 said:
And just think none of this would have happened if he had been obeying the law by not speeding and wheeling down the highway.
That's true and I don't condone riding that way. That said, 2 wrongs never made a right and the police should be setting the example for proper conduct. It's a bull**** charge as he could clearly see his helmet cam.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts

bikendad said:
BMC55 said:
That's true and I don't condone riding that way. That said, 2 wrongs never made a right and the police should be setting the example for proper conduct. It's a bull**** charge as he could clearly see his helmet cam.
I wonder if they charge the guy that did the Rodney King video?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I bet he crapped his pants, when that guy jumped out, with that pistol! But, on another note, why do guys who stunt illegally, on these sportbikes keep posting these vids on YouTube?! Everyone knows that the cops are looking for this kind of stuff, and prosecuting people. Bottom line: Dumb enough to post it, dumb enough to get hauled into court.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.