VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So pumped for this - been trying to wrangle my dad into it for a couple of years. Managed to get my uncle on board -- heading out Friday for Tampa (ish,) going to check out some fun festivities at FL2K in Bradenton Saturday, then the class with Jerry "Motorman" Palladino" Sunday morning. I can't believe how excited I am for it - so much so that I post a random useless thread just to say I'm going, lol.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
So pumped for this - been trying to wrangle my dad into it for a couple of years. Managed to get my uncle on board -- heading out Friday for Tampa (ish,) going to check out some fun festivities at FL2K in Bradenton Saturday, then the class with Jerry "Motorman" Palladino" Sunday morning. I can't believe how excited I am for it - so much so that I post a random useless thread just to say I'm going, lol.
I took a course a few years ago great learning experience. I am do for a refresher

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am doing the course this weekend also, but at the Maryland location. Pretty excited about the class, maybe one day I will take the class with the Motorman himself.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Our class was just me, my dad, and my uncle. It was pretty awesome. One of his former/repeat students came by for a while, but he was just mainly helping with the instruction and demos.

Did you fall any? I did. That damn hydraulic clutch is tricky to modulate.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Our class was just me, my dad, and my uncle. It was pretty awesome. One of his former/repeat students came by for a while, but he was just mainly helping with the instruction and demos.

A Vision never falls it gently lays down. Yes hee hee

·
Lone Rider of the Apocolypse
6,677 Posts
@BrandonM7 Outstanding, congratulations! SO how do you feel abut things? Do you think you can handle her a lot better now than before you took the class?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@BrandonM7 Outstanding, congratulations! SO how do you feel abut things? Do you think you can handle her a lot better now than before you took the class?
Oh hell yeah. I still want to figure out the clutch reach issue, because that's the main problem with the hydraulic clutch. Can't believe vic gave us an adjustable brake lever and crapped on us with the clutch lever.

·
Super Moderator
26,128 Posts
Oh hell yeah. I still want to figure out the clutch reach issue, because that's the main problem with the hydraulic clutch. Can't believe vic gave us an adjustable brake lever and crapped on us with the clutch lever.
Whats the issue? You have short fingers? I do agree that it would be nice to have an adjustable clutch handle. Im just lucky and the clutch fits me very well.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Whats the issue? You have short fingers? I do agree that it would be nice to have an adjustable clutch handle. Im just lucky and the clutch fits me very well.
Short, no - normal, yes. I'm literally the average sized male. Everything I wear is medium, dead on the national average height, ideal weight for said height - literally mediocre in every sense of the word, lol.

The clutch reach doesn't bother me a bit when driving around normally or when doing low speed the normal daily amount - but having to do that many hours in a row with my fingers mostly extended started to hurt like hell.

·
Super Moderator
26,128 Posts
Iron cross and offset cone weave, he recommended 10-12mph.
The Cross can really be a work out throwing her from side to side. You were falling on the tight turn in the arm of the cross?

I never fell in the weave but I certainly knocked over some cones and took a few for a ride.......drag. There is a short stretch going into my neighborhood that is a double lane before going to a single. I use this section to practice my weave using the broken lane divider. Sometimes I do it fast and others slow as possible.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The Cross can really be a work out throwing her from side to side. You were falling on the tight turn in the arm of the cross?

I never fell in the weave but I certainly knocked over some cones and took a few for a ride.......drag. There is a short stretch going into my neighborhood that is a double lane before going to a single. I use this section to practice my weave using the broken lane divider. Sometimes I do it fast and others slow as possible.
Fingers and forearm were just giving out from the amount of use, plus Tampa heat and humidity, sweating like hell, fatigue, nerves - I was just screwing up a bit. I did it beautifully plenty of times, just dicked it up every now and then.

Reactions: Ghostrider25

·
Registered
39 Posts
[QUOTE="BrandonM7, post: 3025781, member: 10328"

Did you fall any? I did. That damn hydraulic clutch is tricky to modulate.[/QUOTE]

No I did not drop the bike, but their were 3 bikes dropped. Also the Cross Bike has a cable clutch.

I had no issue at all, one girl on a HD said it was easy for me because I was on a Victory and it was a smaller bike then her HD.

·
Super Moderator
26,128 Posts
Fingers and forearm were just giving out from the amount of use, plus Tampa heat and humidity, sweating like hell, fatigue, nerves - I was just screwing up a bit. I did it beautifully plenty of times, just dicked it up every now and then.
I understand that. I took our motor 5 day motor course during the Texas summer. Each day I was soaked with sweat and dog tired at the end of the day. One day being especially tired I went into a tight turn to set up and back my bike into the garage. I simply fell over. There was no reason other than I was that tired. I got off the bike and let her lay for a bit before picking her up and putting her away.

To help that forearm keep a gripper around to improve your grip. It will really help on days like that, or riding in Houston traffic. LOL! I used to keep a gripper in my truck and would use it while sitting in traffic. Now I have a big beefy gripper I use a couple times a week on top of my weight training.

Anybody that does not fall in such a course could not have done it all and/or done it right the first time around. Even motor cops that do them all the time fall. That's just part of it.

·
Super Moderator
26,128 Posts
[QUOTE="BrandonM7, post: 3025781, member: 10328"

No I did not drop the bike, but their were 3 bikes dropped. Also the Cross Bike has a cable clutch.

I had no issue at all, one girl on a HD said it was easy for me because I was on a Victory and it was a smaller bike then her HD.
What was she on that is larger than a Vic and made by Harley?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.