Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is going?
Sports uniform Basketball Jersey Beard Basketball moves

Reactions: jedi-mcfly

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Downside of being retired. I just realized today is the January 28. Too late for me.

• Haha
Reactions: luckystryke

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Again, ride already over. No need to post.

Reactions: Chim

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It surprises me how a thread posted by mistake still has life. People around me are dealing with the grief of Kobe’s death in different ways. This was one of them. This was not an attempt to nullify the deaths of the people who died with him.

I found this poster on Facebook and decided to share it with others who might want to participate.

If you aren’t one of those people, this thread was not for you.

·
Super Moderator
26,155 Posts
It surprises me how a thread posted by mistake still has life. People around me are dealing with the grief of Kobe's death in different ways. This was one of them. This was not an attempt to nullify the deaths of the people who died with him.

I found this poster on Facebook and decided to share it with others who might want to participate.

If you aren't one of those people, this thread was not for you.
These threads are for everybody. They are regularly hijacked, killed, and resurrected. You certainly can't control them and where they go......usually to oil.

Seems like the "people" that made the flyer only cared about Kobe and some pointed that out. That's their right. Why can they not have a voice? Why would you want to silence them? With our recent talks that's not a very good way to have a society full of equality.

How do you think the families of the others killed feel with only Kobe and his daughter getting recognized? Were the others not as important? I can't say I've seen any outlet mention any other names.

Guess you could have deleted it as soon as you realized you missed it. Maybe that would have kept others from responding.

Reactions: 1 person

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
How do grieve for someone you did not know? I am a huge NASCAR fan and was a Dale Earndhart fan, we he died I felt to reason to grieve. I never knew the guy. I can feel sorrow for the families but that is it. Just boggles my mind with you see all the folks balling their brains out over someone they never knew but will never stop and shake the hand of an officer or soldier (I always do).

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How do grieve for someone you did not know? I am a huge NASCAR fan and was a Dale Earndhart fan, we he died I felt to reason to grieve. I never knew the guy. I can feel sorrow for the families but that is it. Just boggles my mind with you see all the folks balling their brains out over someone they never knew but will never stop and shake the hand of an officer or soldier (I always do).
Here is the tricky part. Allowing people to have a different perspective, and beyond that, respecting it. Perhaps you could try that.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
It surprises me how a thread posted by mistake still has life. People around me are dealing with the grief of Kobe's death in different ways. This was one of them. This was not an attempt to nullify the deaths of the people who died with him.

If you aren't one of those people, this thread was not for you.
I enjoyed reading this thread, agree, this is for everyone, I never heard of this Kobe guy, and now I did... but it would be better to post that flyer on the funny thread, hahahhahah

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
These threads are for everybody. They are regularly hijacked, killed, and resurrected. You certainly can't control them and where they go......usually to oil.

Seems like the "people" that made the flyer only cared about Kobe and some pointed that out. That's their right. Why can they not have a voice? Why would you want to silence them? With our recent talks that's not a very good way to have a society full of equality.

How do you think the families of the others killed feel with only Kobe and his daughter getting recognized? Were the others not as important? I can't say I've seen any outlet mention any other names.

Guess you could have deleted it as soon as you realized you missed it. Maybe that would have kept others from responding.
I can't speak to what people cared about when they made the flyer. That would be arrogant of me. I make no attempt to silence the people who would want the other victims recognized. But my question is: if you were really concerned about doing something for the other victims, why didn't you actually DO something, besides complaining about other people who did not do anything.

My next question is: If you actually understood all the education I was trying to give you on equality why do you reference it when a famous black person dies and there is no mention of the white people that were with him when that happens the other way around all the time? You know, that is the opposite of equality.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I enjoyed reading this thread, agree, this is for everyone, I never heard of this Kobe guy, and now I did... but it would be better to post that flyer on the funny thread, hahahhahah
So let's forget that this person was famous. Let's just focus on the fact that a father died with his daughter and his widow and other daughters will have to bury them. yeah,...funny.

·
Registered
6,391 Posts
Approximately 56 Million people die each year around the world. Or call it 153,425 every day. From all ethnicities, both sexes and every social status. Some get noticed locally, a few get noticed internationally and even fewer make the news for days on end.

I have no idea what the point of the Ride For Kobe was about. To raise money, if so, for who or for what cause? His family? The NBA? A local rape crisis center? Perhaps it was just an excuse to ride and maybe get a second on local television. Who knows. People generally try to glam onto other peoples popularity.

Kobe had some amazing highlights in his life and he'll be missed by his family and friends for many years. How awesome was it that Kobe and his daughter arranged their day to meet with their priest early that Sunday morning. His work ethic towards his craft of basketball was something to be emulated by others. As was his devotion to his family.

·
Registered
610 Posts
My next question is: If you actually understood all the education I was trying to give you on equality why do you reference it when a famous black person dies and there is no mention of the white people that were with him when that happens the other way around all the time? You know, that is the opposite of equality.
Who said anything about race?

1 - 20 of 1647 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.