VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone who actually has reverse gear on a Vision please write a review, PRO and CON.
I tried a SEARCH but came up empty.
I have a bum leg and might consider ordering the "Reverse Gear Option" if the general consensus is positive.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I purchased a reverse in my 2009 vision. I did it since I tend to keep my bikes for a long time and just in case I got any knee problems. I am 53 and knees are still fine. I use it most of the time when I am 2 up. It works great though I wish it were a little faster. There have been times when I have been awkwardly parked and needed it as well. It is a must for the Vision IMHO. I am glad I spent the extra bucks for it when purchased.

·
Registered
717 Posts

Have only had to use mine a handful of times. Very thankful to have it every time I have used it. Last year while riding with a buddy we got directed in to a very tight downhill parking spot at a restaurant. Tookme and another guyto push his TC back up the slope. What a pain in the butt. Just pushed a button on the Vision and nice and easy she went up.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I have used mine a couple of times and yes it is slow if you want to back up more than a few yards where there is nothing to avoid. I got it because of being caught out previously when the choices of places to park a few and not level. My legs are not what they used to be and will have good and not so good days. While it was not a cheap option it is on a heavy bike. I would like to know how strong and long lasting it will be. I have been wondering if it would be capable of backing up a ramp on to a motorbike trailer. i am also not sure how much it drains out of the battery.
Would be nice to have a reverse camera fitted to the bike as well. More mod cons.

When I have used reverse I think "how easy is this" almost like cheating.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Bad knees myself and I would highly recommend the reverse gear for anyone considering this option. The beauty is that if you don't need it you don't have to use it but when you do just flip a switch push a button and voila.

·
Registered
17,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the prompt responses.

The only thing I had heard about the reverse gear option was that it didn't have enough torque to go backwards up a steep incline and it was very slow.
But that seemed weird because it is electric and electric motors generally have tons of torque.

I believe reverse gear can be added to the bike at the dealership anytime.
Is that correct?

·
Registered
717 Posts

09 and up can be added. Lots of power, no issues with it.
I have heard lots of complaints about how slow it is but I would not want to go too fast in reverse.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Rick057 said:
I have heard lots of complaints about how slow it is but I would not want to go too fast in reverse.
My local dealer said they have added reverse to an '08 model. I had heard this wasn't possible, but he said they've done it twice.

·
Registered
717 Posts

My understanding was that Victory made changes to the 09's to fit the reverse gear and that the 08's were a no go.
Maybe they have some sort of adaptor that I have not heard of yet.

·
Registered
332 Posts
keilwerth said:
Rick057 said:
My local dealer said they have added reverse to an '08 model. I had heard this wasn't possible, but he said they've done it twice.
I have been looking for the info on adding it to my father-in-law's 08. Please provide any info available.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.