1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Reserve bid in place, maybe...

·
Registered
560 Posts
I agree. It’s kind of a weird way to run it but I guess it works. If you want anything you best check it every 5 minutes or it will be “reserved “

Reactions: Bikesofbrads

·
Premium Member
14,281 Posts
I still don't understand why when says SOLD...doesn't automatically DELETE post:banghead:

·
Registered
12,859 Posts
I’ve given up on it. If you really see something you want then pm the seller. Talk directly or move on. I will say I had better luck with posted threads from members that want to sell something.
I’ve sold stock exhaust and mirrors as well as other items almost immediately just by mentioning them.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
I've given up on it. If you really see something you want then pm the seller. Talk directly or move on. I will say I had better luck with posted threads from members that want to sell something.
I've sold stock exhaust and mirrors as well as other items almost immediately just by mentioning them.
This, 100%.

Sadly the Marketplace on this site really isn't very functional.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Never really has been, though

·
Registered
2013 Cross Country
652 Posts
Just my $0.02...

First, the reserve feature is an option that the seller can turn off. When I've listed stuff in Marketplace I've turned it off. However, it might help for a highly desirable item to leave it on to keep from any hard feelings when multiple people will respond quickly to an ad. The default is 'Yes' so perhaps an administrator can change the default to 'No'.

Reserve on Buy?:
Yes No
Do you want to mark Classified as Reserved if someone clicks to Buy it?
Set it to no if you have many of the same items for sale
and you want the classified to remain visible​

My guess is that many/all of the items listed as Reserved have been sold. It is up to the seller to maintain their ad. He/she needs to go back in after the sale and mark the item sold. So in this sense, having the Reserve default 'Yes' keeps people from trying to buy/contact the seller when the item has actually been sold but the seller has not returned to mark the item as such.

I also like the fact that sold items are not removed. When I'm looking to buy something I can search for other similar items that were listed and it helps me determine if the requested price is reasonable. Also, when I want to sell something I do a search to see what is a reasonable price to ask.

I personally think this is one of the better buy/sell facilities on the forums of which I am a part. I like that it isn't part of some other thread, or listed in some sub-forum.

·
Registered
2013 Cross Country
652 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.