VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who may not be aware, this Summer, Phoenix9 and myself met up at Estes Park, Colorado at the historic Stanley Hotel and took a guided tour to the elevation of 12,090 feet at Rocky Mountain National Park. For those who have never visited this part of the USA, it's a must see and should be on your future vacation plans.

For the purpose of archival, I've added three of our videos to this thread so that in the future, they will all be in one place. But, there is a method to my madness as YES, I do listen to the opinions of the VOG Members and more than just a few have told me that our current VOG theme song is starting to get a long in the tooth.

Well, so am I!

But, I have to agree that it's time to start adding some fresh music tracks to into the mix.

So, I'm in the midst of experimenting with new music that will fit specific videos that I hope to produce in the near future. And yes, I am doing this legally as the royalties to the creators have been paid and I do have the rights to use the new music on this site. Yes, I do practice what I preach and do respect the intellectual property rights of others.

Below you'll find three videos:

The first is Part 1 of our adventure and uses the VOG Theme Song.

Part 2 uses the VOG Theme Song for the opening and then segues into two new songs that have granted me the usage online for my videos. While neither one will most likely not become our new theme song, these new tracks seem to fit this subject matter and the theme of this segment. But, you'll have to be the judge on this one and of course, yout comments are welcomed.

The third video is just a fun one for you that I call the Short Attention Span Video of this trip.

So, please give them a look (all the way through - yes, I can be long-winded) and let me know how you feel about the new music for this type of video.

Yes, Honest Comments Are Welcomed!

Without further adieu, here they are:

Mark and Andy's Great Rocky Mountain Adventure - Part 1.

You've probably seen this one before and it uses the existing VOG Theme Song by Zach Kamins. Here goes:

Mark & Andy's Great Rocky Mountain Adventure - Part 2. This video uses the existing theme song at the beginning, but then transitions into something I felt more fitting for this type of ride. After the interview, it takes on even a different theme. Be sure to watch it to the end as it does get a bit dramatic.

For those who may have a short attention span, Here's #3..it's a fun one! [video]523[/video] Comments are welcomed and appreciated. After all, this is YOUR site!

·
Vendor
1,398 Posts

Sounds like welcome to the wild west LOL
Great video Andy.... you guys look like you had a great time.. beautiful scenery..
Hard for the mind to work...and breathe at that elevation??
Keep up the good work... nice to see those type of places.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
If the video made you want to head west then that's great....I think we have some of the besting riding in the world out here.

·
Registered
182 Posts
What NLE are you using - Premiere Pro CS5, Vegas Pro 10? I'm curious because I've started doing some editing and bought a new full HD (1080 60P) camcorder to go with my Canon 5D MkII and HD helmet cam. I'm experimenting with both the Adobe and Sony products I mentioned and was interested in what you use.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GrayWings said:
What NLE are you using - Premiere Pro CS5, Vegas Pro 10? I'm curious because I've started doing some editing and bought a new full HD (1080 60P) camcorder to go with my Canon 5D MkII and HD helmet cam. I'm experimenting with both the Adobe and Sony products I mentioned and was interested in what you use.
I'm using an Apple Computer with Final Cut Express. I've tried other editing programs and switched to this one when I went with the AVCHD format two years ago. Like any video editing program, it does require a speedy computer and an abundance of hard drive space as editing videos are Processor, Memory and Storage hogs. However the videos in this thread were not shot in AVCHD as I was using a Contour HD and a Hero HD camera.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.