VOG Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm wanting to step up to 12" handle bar on my gunner and having a hard time finding information on what cable lengths I need as well as what to do with the switch cables. I've done searches under the gunner forum and can't find any answers. Any help would be much appreciated!!

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
The highball bars are 12" and the stock cables on the gunner are very tight. You'd probably want a little longer cables.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
So stock Highball cables would probably work fine? Now I just need to figure out the wires. I found a control wire extension kit on victoryonly but its 24" seems like a lot unless you can trim them to size.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
So stock Highball cables would probably work fine? Now I just need to figure out the wires. I found a control wire extension kit on victoryonly but its 24" seems like a lot unley
Yeah for sure the highball cables would work.

I don't think you'll have any problems with the stock wires. @Cruzie27 or @Scottyuk can probably confirm this.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
If you are using 12” bars on the 2” risers you will need the Highball cable set up. There are a few 12” setups that will work with the stock Gunner setup. However it all kinda depends of the bars. The 12” bars I went with bolt directly to the triple and the stock cables for the Gunner barely made it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I've ordered a set of stock highball cables and am waiting for the bars and cables to get in. Hopefully I can find some plug and play connectors for the electronics. However, I'm not very hopeful. I'll probably have to buy those 24" extensions off of victoryonly.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I just installed 12” bmx bars from FMB Choppers and didn’t have to change any of my cables or extend any of the wires. The bars I put on have integrated risers.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
I just installed 12" bmx bars from FMB Choppers and didn't have to change any of my cables or extend any of the wires. The bars I put on have integrated risers.
Sweet! Let's see a picture!

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
If you are using 12" bars on the 2" risers you will need the Highball cable set up. There are a few 12" setups that will work with the stock Gunner setup. However it all kinda depends of the bars. The 12" bars I went with bolt directly to the triple and the stock cables for the Gunner barely made it.
I was just looking at the 10" Phatty Phat bars. So I wouldn't have any problems with these huh?

Rectangle Font Line Technology Parallel

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I was just looking at the 10" Phatty Phat bars. So I wouldn't have any problems with these huh?

View attachment 444921
10" you should be golden!

You'll want to run the wires inside,. It's a slight pain in the balls but it's worth it. Getting everything stuffed back into the stock 5" headlight will be fun too.

Buy chrome or at least stainless bolts to attach the bars to your bike. Email the FMB guys and they should be able to tell you exactly what you need. DO NOT USE THE STOCK STUDS

Make sure you have some sandpaper handy, the powder coat on the throttle side is thick and will make your grip stick.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Here are some garage pics of my FMB Choppers 12” BMX bars. The next time I have the bike out, I’ll try to get some better pics. I used all of my stock cables and wires. Had to cut a zip tie or two and reroute but nothing earth shattering.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Here are some garage pics of my FMB Choppers 12" BMX bars. The next time I have the bike out, I'll try to get some better pics. I used all of my stock cables and wires. Had to cut a zip tie or two and reroute but nothing earth shattering.
Looks great and that Marlin Flyscreen goes well with it too

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.