VOG Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , I've recently bought a 2010 victory cross roads and love the bike , this is my second Victory I've owned . I'm thinking of replacing the stalk exhaust with a set of slip ons , MUTAZU Deep Cut Thunder VM05 Slip On Mufflers. I'm wondering if anyone on this forum has bought these slip ons , and if so did you have to install a "power commander / Auto tune " and or had the bike dynode ? I was also thinking of putting a loyds high flow air filter on the bike ?

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Congrats on the mew ride.

To go along with your new mufflers and air filter hit up @NOEMTZ for a Maximus tuner. He can hook you up with a plug n play install or a remote tune.

I had exhaust , installed Lloyds AF and Maximus stage 1 tune and the difference was substantial. But. Noemtz can likely do you better than the stage 1 download.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I can hook you up with Lloydz intake filter, Maximus and a complete remote tuning service on that bike if needed.

Reactions: bikendad

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Congrats Veva on the new ride!

Ride safe,
Smokier

·
Registered
12,827 Posts
The suggestions above are ideal and you a need a tune if you do a filter with exhaust. Noemtz is the man to help you with that.
Just doing the slip-ones? Then you will be ok to ride it.
The Mutaza slip-ons are similar to RCX slips. Designed to be a direct replacement with out a tune. What you may experience with just these exhausts is excessive popping. This is normal and happened with your stock exhaust....... you just didn’t hear it with the very baffled mufflers.

There’s a member here “Crosscountryla “ that builds an exceptional muffler for our bikes with a very reasonable price. Not one unhappy customer !
Look to him for options.

Reactions: crosscountryla

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info I really appreciate everyone’s help from this forum . Think I’ll start with the Mutazu slip ons for now and see how it performs !!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi , I've recently bought a 2010 victory cross roads and love the bike , this is my second Victory I've owned . I'm thinking of replacing the stalk exhaust with a set of slip ons , MUTAZU Deep Cut Thunder VM05 Slip On Mufflers. I'm wondering if anyone on this forum has bought these slip ons , and if so did you have to install a "power commander / Auto tune " and or had the bike dynode ? I was also thinking of putting a loyds high flow air filter on the bike ?
What did you think of these pipes? I'm looking at a set for my 2011 XC.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
Those are Tri-Ovals. They will get louder with time. They will be quiet at idle but will growl nicely when you open up the throttle. They are Victory Stage 1 upgrade, usually come with a high-flow air filter (OEM) and an ECM reflash.

If you decide to change to a different style, you shouldn't have a problem selling them, maybe 300-400 on the high end.

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Thx, I like the look and the growl as I get on the gas! My last bike was at stage 3 , I think stage 1 on this will be fine! Any other maintenance involved with stage 1 ?
Like PDX said, Those are from Vic. If dealer installed, also a Hi flo AF, not even close to Lloydz, and a ECM flash to help a little, still EPA compliant, meaning still to lean. I like my Tri's, not to obnoxious, and have a good torque curve. Gas, oil, tires, you are good to go.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.