VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to Victory and this Forum so I apologize if this topic has been overstated here. I just bought a 2010 Ness Vision and I am very dissatisfied with the sound quality of the radio. Does changing out the speakers with quality speakers solve the issue? If so any suggestions? Since they are "outdoor" speakers, do you need to buy "outdoor" speakers? I would think tht you would need something that would resist moisture.

· Registered
96 Posts
No apoligies needed. I am currently installing new speakers and amplifier. For the amount of water that could get to the speakers, Im not going with Marine speakers. I'm putting in the 5.25 Kicker KS series speakers and adding a Alpine KTP-445 amp. Nothing to crazy, but definetly not leaving it stock. The stock system was kinda okay, but I really like my tunes blasting , hence the upgrade.

· Registered
30 Posts

SurreyVIC said:
No apoligies needed. I am currently installing new speakers and amplifier. For the amount of water that could get to the speakers, Im not going with Marine speakers. I'm putting in the 5.25 Kicker KS series speakers and adding a Alpine KTP-445 amp. Nothing to crazy, but definetly not leaving it stock. The stock system was kinda okay, but I really like my tunes blasting , hence the upgrade.
Let me know how it sounds! I'm also in the process of looking into it as well. Did some searching at Vision-riders and saw that amp Alpine KTP-445 I actually have it in my cart in amazon....now searching for speakers and found some peole used Polk mm521 and have those as well in my cart. My question to you. Do you think the amp fits in the front fearing underneath the front windshiled? don't want in saddlebag. Let us know how the install went.
Thanks,

· Registered
1,118 Posts
Check out my thread on the amp and speaker upgrade I did on my Cross Country. I bought a much more expensive amp than I needed to but it turned out great! They use the same speakers between the Cross and the Vision so the info should be useful.

http://thevog.net/forums/display_topic/id_5550/

· Registered
9 Posts

Baltimore-Dave said:
I am new to Victory and this Forum so I apologize if this topic has been overstated here. I just bought a 2010 Ness Vision and I am very dissatisfied with the sound quality of the radio. Does changing out the speakers with quality speakers solve the issue? If so any suggestions? Since they are "outdoor" speakers, do you need to buy "outdoor" speakers? I would think tht you would need something that would resist moisture.
Hi Dave welcome to the world of Victory and especially the 2010 Ness Vision. Question you say "I am very dissatisfied with the sound quality of the radio" I personally am dissatisfied with the reception of the radio in my area, and therefore use my Ipod 99% of the time and that seems to crank pretty well, do you use an Ipod and is it that also that you are dissatisfied with? PS mine is #11 and yours?

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine is 2010 Ness Vision #15. I do not use an iPod or MP3 player. In my other vehicles I just use my XM Radio. Not only is my reception a little sketchy which I think that I can improve, but the sound quality IMHO is not good. I was thinking about getting a portable XM Radio player that has MP3 fuctions and installing it. I have been told to get XM on the Visions radio that it would be a $500-800 investment which is CRAZY!!!!

· Grouchy Old Member
7,239 Posts

Hey Dave,
I put in the ipod and J&M replacement speakers, but after Scott's (ZZ) earlier thread, I wished I had of bought better speakers. $80-100 goes pretty far with these bikes for a single set of speakers.
Let me know how your XM radio mod works out, I miss mine, but not for Victory's price.
KG

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
keithgrey said:
Hey Dave,
I put in the ipod and J&M replacement speakers, but after Scott's (ZZ) earlier thread, I wished I had of bought better speakers. $80-100 goes pretty far with these bikes for a single set of speakers.
Let me know how your XM radio mod works out, I miss mine, but not for Victory's price.
KG
This was my plan to put XM radio on my bike. I believe it should be able to play over the bikes speakers and yet is portable so that I can take it with me. Can hook up a 12V charge. http://www.myradiostore.com/portable/myfi-sa10113.htmldoes anybody know why this would NOT work? Certainly less than Victory's option.

· Grouchy Old Member
7,239 Posts
Baltimore-Dave said:
keithgrey said:
Hey Dave,
KG
This was my plan to put XM radio on my bike. I believe it should be able to play over the bikes speakers and yet is portable so that I can take it with me. Can hook up a 12V charge. http://www.myradiostore.com/portable/myfi-sa10113.htmldoes anybody know why this would NOT work? Certainly less than Victory's option.
Looks fairly good. If you had a set it and forget it attitude about your stations, you could keep it in the ipod compartment. Should work through the plastic but their little micro antennas would be easy to place if not.

Keep in mind the outlet in the iPod box is not standard and needs a conversion cord, or (my favorite) replacement with a female power socket.

Search ebay for: Victory Vision Hella Power

· Registered
96 Posts
Eric_MA said:
SurreyVIC said:
Let me know how it sounds! I'm also in the process of looking into it as well. Did some searching at Vision-riders and saw that amp Alpine KTP-445 I actually have it in my cart in amazon....now searching for speakers and found some peole used Polk mm521 and have those as well in my cart. My question to you. Do you think the amp fits in the front fearing underneath the front windshiled? don't want in saddlebag. Let us know how the install went.
Thanks,
The install was a breeze. The amp fit directly underneath the radio unit in the fairing. It really makes a huge difference . Definetly loud enough
for me. Putting the Kickers in tomorow. Bike is getting serviced right now so I will post some pix's next week. ZZ, that was a awesome job you did.

· Registered
30 Posts
SurreyVIC said:
Eric_MA said:
SurreyVIC said:
Thanks,
The install was a breeze. The amp fit directly underneath the radio unit in the fairing. It really makes a huge difference . Definetly loud enough
for me. Putting the Kickers in tomorow. Bike is getting serviced right now so I will post some pix's next week. ZZ, that was a awesome job you did.

· Registered
30 Posts
Eric_MA said:
SurreyVIC said:
Eric_MA said:
SurreyVIC said:
Thanks,
Great! When you have a chance could you take picture of amp location as well describe me the amp hook up to our radio system? Also did you add new speaker wire or kept stock speaker wire system...Thanks!

· Registered
252 Posts
KG which of the J&M speakers did you use. They have Honda, H.D. but no Victory. I sent them a message sometime ago concerning which product we Vcitory riders use. Clue me would ya.
keithgrey said:
Hey Dave,

KG

· Registered
40 Posts
visionriderdeluxe said:
KG which of the J&M speakers did you use. They have Honda, H.D. but no Victory. I sent them a message sometime ago concerning which product we Vcitory riders use. Clue me would ya.
I bought front and rear on EBay Part # RSPU-VCTV (Rear) I don't have the front part number as the set is somewhere in my garage and I'm in bed so lazy to get them. Lol! These are the 5.25" The seller is American Classic Motors Item # 120854851718 $84.95 free shipping, got it in less than one week. Have no time to install yet so can't tell you what the difference in sound quality but have heard good things. No distortion. You want better sound quality then expect to pay more. Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.