VOG Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am removing the side bag covers on my 2012 to repair scratches and it seems to me I need to remove the grey panel under the door/cover to get at the bolts holding it on to the hinges. I have removed all 5 bolts from the panel but there is some kind of clip at the very back that I can't for the life of me release. Do I need to remove the rear "bumper" piece to get at it or is there some other trick to it?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Jock

·
Super Moderator
26,119 Posts
I adjusted my doors once and had to get to the hinges. I released those bottom trim pieces at their front and then left them in place in the back. I just wrapped both in a cloth to keep them from scratching or getting scratched. Got to the hinges to make the adjustments and all was good.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Hopefully you can get to the hinges like VVB mentioned but if not, their is another bolt holding the lower bag filler in the back under the M-Panel (trim panel around the tail light). You will need to remove the license plate and bracket because the plate bracket holds the M-Panel on also along with some automotive style metal clips. IMO it is easier if you remove the trunk first so you don't scratch other parts. This video shows the M-Panel being partially removed before installing the trunk filler panel, start from the top and work your way down carefully so as not to over stress/break the M-Panel.
removing the victory vision trunk - Bing video

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.