VOG Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When looking for a new XC, I couldn't find one in black. Local dealer only had skulls available. So, after some haggling I was able to get the skull bike for only about $80 more than retail price of a black one. However, I'm not a total fan of the skulls. See the results below.

Before:

After:

It's a work in progress. I still need to put the badges back on.

Tom

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, they have a clear coat.

I had the bike 'wrapped' at a graphics shop. It doesn't look as 'perfect' as a permanent paint job, but it's removable. (future resale value) You have to get really close to even notice that it's not paint, and it was affordable.

So, the skulls are under the clear. The clear is under the black vinyl. The black vinyl is under the red pin stripe. I just hope is will last five years as promised.

No pressure washing here.....not that I do that to bikes anyhow.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It takes a good graphics shop to get it right. In fact, the manager of the shop said he does not have the patience to do it. A very patient young lady did all of the work. I watched her for a few minutes. She hand cut all of the pieces. Some she redid several times....they just didn't look right to her. My comment....don't rush...take your time. She did, and it looks nice.

Thanks.

Here is another shot of the front detail.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.