VOG Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has probably been asked before but how do you safely remove those unwanted decals like the warning one on the gas tank. There must be a safe way to remove these decals without damaging the paint.
Cessna

·
Registered
717 Posts

Start with a warm bike, add a hair dryer. Start on a corner and peel slowly
as you keep some heat on the sticker.
I always have some glue left over.
I use a product called Goo Off to remove whats left.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Rick057 said:
Start with a warm bike, add a hair dryer. Start on a corner and peel slowly
as you keep some heat on the sticker.
I always have some glue left over.
I use a product called Goo Off to remove whats left.
Works like a charm!

·
Registered
358 Posts
I peeled the gas tank sticker off of my Highball. It came off rather easily as for the remaining glue, I wiped that off with a product from Avon called Skin So Soft. Glue came right up and no damaged to the paint.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Skin So Soft? Made your tank baby soft, at the same time repelling summer mosquitos!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Big_Papa said:
I peeled the gas tank sticker off of my Highball. It came off rather easily as for the remaining glue, I wiped that off with a product from Avon called Skin So Soft. Glue came right up and no damaged to the paint.
The oil based product didn't leave a spot behind?

·
Registered
1 Posts
So... I've been creeping on here for a while, and today was trying to figure out how to get the Warning decal off the gas tank. Well it took all of 15 minutes, from start to finish. I heated it up with a blow dryer set to the high setting, for about a minute. Starting at a corner a kept the dryer pointed directly ahead of the area in which I was pulling...the blow dryer was approximately 3 inches above the tank at all times. The decal came off in 3 large chunks. I used Goo Gone, letting it sit in for 5 minutes, then wiped it off. The outline was still there, using a Q-Tip that I dipped in Goo Gone, I rubbed it right off. Looks flawless.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.