VOG Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys quck question from a noobie :p.

My bike battery was low today like 9.1 volt. so i have ordered a battery charger optimate 4.

well iam going to have to pull the batery off to charge it as I cant plug it into a charger while its in the bike becasue of the location of the bike vs a plug socket :(.

When i reinstall the Battery do i have to do anything or is it as simple as stick fully charged battery back into the bike start bike and off i go . Obviously there is fix the clock time....

Also I have a PCV installed on the bike taking the battery off will not eeffect that will it? as its soft ware installed onto the PCV a loss of connected power should not reset that will it? as that would be a ballache lol

thanx guys for any info :)

·
Super Moderator
26,470 Posts
Nothing to do but hook up the wires and ride.

Can you not use an extension cord to bring power to your bike?

I do that with all of my charges in my garage as none are long enough. That's boat, truck, and bikes.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wish i could but the bike is parked in the underground carpark of a Military camp in the UK. cant go having wires all over the place lol. also if i was to leave it down there over night iam sure i would come back in the morning the charger is gone lol. if its not bolted down someone will take it :(

the big thing that worried me was the PCV as if i loose the tune on that i will cry a little lolz.

·
Super Moderator
26,470 Posts
wish i could but the bike is parked in the underground carpark of a Military camp in the UK. cant go having wires all over the place lol. also if i was to leave it down there over night iam sure i would come back in the morning the charger is gone lol. if its not bolted down someone will take it :(

the big thing that worried me was the PCV as if i loose the tune on that i will cry a little lolz.
It's saved. You'll be fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.