VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Really enjoyed that.
And he makes some real cool remarks about how Indian needs to break the Baby Boomers mold or die.....
BUT
He pisssed me off when he said the Scout was cool
As we all know that’s not a Scout
It’s a rebadged
VICTORY OCTANE......
That really pisssssssses me off....

·
Registered
17,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Really enjoyed that.
And he makes some real cool remarks about how Indian needs to break the Baby Boomers mold or die.....
BUT
As we all know that's not a Scout
It's a rebadged
VICTORY OCTANE......
Oh you mean the engine that was developed and patented under Victory and appeared on the Scout roll-out, which was such a success, they had to dedicate two production lines to built to fill demand? That Scout engine?

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Oh you mean the engine that was developed and patented under Victory and appeared on the Scout roll-out, which was such a success, they had to dedicate two production lines to built to fill demand? That Scout engine?
Victory was on the right track when they produced the Octane.
They did a really bad job of rolling it out though.
Way to much hype as being this muscular bike.
When they should have rolled it out as a bike to bring in younger crowd or a great second bike to your big bagger ..

We were all hoping for the Pikes Peek bike.
That's one dumb bunch at PII

·
Registered
17,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When they should have rolled it out as a bike to bring in younger crowd or a great second bike to your big bagger ..

Even to this day people walk past the HD's to the Victory's and say awesome Bike, who makes it. They were getting there and if the marketing was a bit better and the release of the 1200 liquid cooled was on the Victory first and if the dog hadn't stopped to...

Just a shame and still glad I have one of the best bikes on the Planet...

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
To this day 3 out of 5 people riding bikes that I've talked to know NOTHING about Victory, not who it was made by or where or anything. That's just criminal in the information age. Breaks my heart when people ask me where they can get one at and I have to tell them.. you can't. At least not a new one. I"m not talking about people that are ignorant of motorcycling in general, I'm talking potential BUYERS, people already RIDING a bike don't know. That's a FAIL.

·
Registered
865 Posts
To this day 3 out of 5 people riding bikes that I've talked to know NOTHING about Victory, not who it was made by or where or anything. That's just criminal in the information age. Breaks my heart when people ask me where they can get one at and I have to tell them.. you can't. At least not a new one. I"m not talking about people that are ignorant of motorcycling in general, I'm talking potential BUYERS, people already RIDING a bike don't know. That's a FAIL.
When I was at a bike show that I was going to enter both the Vic and the Intruder in to, they had different classes. I knew the Intruder was going into the Metric group. I asked an inquiring question about what class to put Storm in, pointed at the bike, and he said Oh yeah, definitely could put that in to the metric class.

I almost walked away. But put it in the Bagger (they didn't have American class), won that, and got honorable for best in show. I mean, the guy honestly didn't know, which is why I didn't just get pissed at him.

·
Registered
17,114 Posts

Hey if that pisses you off you're going to LOVE this: P156 was disassembled, the engine was painted black, a couple chrome cursive "I"s were stuck on it, and it went into an Indian branded salt flats racer.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Lately I have noticed I sigh when someone asks me who makes my bike or what type of bike I ride. I need to come up with a new story versus an answer that leads to five follow up questions. Don't get me wrong, I like talking bikes, but talking about the demise of Victory sucks!
Back in the 70's I totally debadged one of my Guzzi's.
When people asked what kind of bike it was I'd answer with:

"Harley. Desert issue. Only made a few of them my Dad brought it home from the war."

"Honda. 1946 model. First one ever imported into the USA."

"(Spit) Oh, that? Ain't got no name. Me 'n the boys kinda cobbled it together out of old stuff layin about on da farm".

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Hold on, every HD owner knows, and every wanna be HD owner says "polaris makes snowmobiles, get a real bike".. then I remind them it's a Victory, not a Polaris, then ask them where their "real bike" is... Then I don't here a thing from that asshole anymore...
When I was at a bike show that I was going to enter both the Vic and the Intruder in to, they had different classes. I knew the Intruder was going into the Metric group. I asked an inquiring question about what class to put Storm in, pointed at the bike, and he said Oh yeah, definitely could put that in to the metric class.

I almost walked away. But put it in the Bagger (they didn't have American class), won that, and got honorable for best in show. I mean, the guy honestly didn't know, which is why I didn't just get pissed at him.
I do use alot of metric tools on my bike... I get told Canadian isn't American, yet again, remind them my bike was built by victory an American company, in Iowa..

Then I also go into the, made in Japan carbs, forks, and just about everything else on an HD... HD parts have been made in Japan since the 70's for sure....

·
Registered
820 Posts
All he says is so familiar. I swear he used our gripes for his video. **** Polarassssss

·
Registered
455 Posts
As we all know that's not a Scout
It's a rebadged
VICTORY OCTANE......
Now come on. We want to see Indian put 106 engines in some bikes and call it the performance line. REBADGED VICTORYS. Personally Ill take a rebadged Victory / Indian over the current models. I would be a very happy customer. There is no downside to this and besides the Victory Brand is an engineering success. There is no degradation in rebranding that tech. I would rather see good tech and profitability for a company doing the right thing. Come on Polaris. ...... I would rather see HD go out of business because they deserve it. Failure should have consequences and people should care more about the motorcycle performance than t shirts.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hey if that pisses you off you're going to LOVE this: P156 was disassembled, the engine was painted black, a couple chrome cursive "I"s were stuck on it, and it went into an Indian branded salt flats racer.
I love it and want to see more of it! Tech companies in Japan do not throw away good technology. Its how they do business and the tech is shared between companies for everyone success.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.