·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I like it!!

·
Registered
222 Posts

I purchased a modular version of this helmet. Here are a few notes on it:
1. This helmet felt nice and light compared to my previous Harley Davidson modular.
2. Visibility is excellent
3. You should push the helmet forward, its more comfortable and the rear view is better.
4. Rear view is a bit wavy due to the plastic mirror but it does the job ok. I need to look over my glasses, looking through them doesn't work so well.
5. Noise is ok with the visor in an open position. The detent on the visor is excellent, it really holds well. The only drawback of the helmet is the outrageous noise with the visor closed. It isn't so bad on my Victory Vision because of the windshield. I always ride with the visor open anyway unless it's raining. I don't recommend it for someone without a windshield unless you can figure out how to reduce the noise.
6. Placing the speakers for my Sena bluetooth was tricky. The liner near the ear has no cutouts so I had to place the speakers partly forward, under the snap-in
liner to clear my ears. It hits when they are directly at the ear, ouch. One benefit of this is that they are so close that the audio volume is much better compared to my last helmet. There is no easy direct routing path for the speaker cables due to the zip in collar. I had to route it forward around the end of the zipper then back in under the liner. There was just enough cable to reach.

7. The under chin collar on the visor can be a bit annoying, you have to push it down and out when closing the face shield, and there isn't much space for the bluetooth mike boom without it rubbing on my chin.
8. The helmet has a metal stud that the face shield locks into. It looks to be quite secure in the case of a fall.
9. It is a tall helmet so you may bump you head until you get used to that.
10. It's easier to put your glasses on after the helmet goes on, I tend to knock one side of the glasses off my ear.
11. I'd like to see a mod to the helmet to reduce the noise...

About that noise, I was out riding and it appears thatplacing my hand over the junction of the top of the visor and the helmet, reduced the noise considerably. The rubber channel shown in the photo doesn't contact the visor when closed, and I think much of the wind noise can be abated with a gasket.I will try putting a gasket into the channel this weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.