VOG Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for recommendations on any motorcycle shipper you may have used in the past.

I know I can Google but would prefer a more intimate recommendation.

Bike would be going from Houston to Iowa.

Reactions: VicVisionBulldog

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
I would recommend AGAINST Premier Motorcycle Transport and I think some others can as well. If it's going to/from a shop, they might have a contact they use. I have read USHIP and Keyboard are supposed to be good.

Reactions: mrmegadeth

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Checked with the VIc Shop already they had no suggested vendor.

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
That's because Rylan would rather somebody ride it up, Victory bikes are claustrophobic and get motion sick riding in another vehicle. Actually, I might offer my services as well. Fly me down to TX then back from IA, cover the costs of fuel and ritzy hotels and I'll ride it up for you, I'll even cover the cost of gas...

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, that's a hell of deal right there! haha

·
Registered
4,559 Posts
They delivered mine when I bought it. Came in completely unharmed. Took a long time, but I don't fault them for that since I live in the middle of nowhere.
been there, saw lots of nothing and plenty of nobodies.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I used Uship to find a shipper to get a bike from Houston to California. The shipper was Fast Motion Auto Transport. I had a good experience with them but I see they now have a bad pretty rating. Uship was easy to use. I paid $550

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll call a few of the listed names and get the details.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've used A1 Auto Transport, Inc. a handful of times with no probs. They weren't rock bottom cheapest or anything, but still on the affordable side and do a good job so I've stuck with them and am glad i have. Older thread I know, but I thought I'd put another option out there. Can't say I've heard the best things about uship though I know a lot of people use them too.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I found this funny that this thread popped up when I am actually looking for a shipper. I just bought a beautiful 2015 CCT and needed to ship from Wisconsin to Washington. I agonized for a few days trying to figure which transport company to use as trying to find a shipper that will treat your ride like their own may be hard to find. I narrowed it down to 2 shippers as they specifically move motorcycles. One was haulbikes, the other, motorcycle shippers. Even though they were about 200 dollars more I went with motorcycle shippers. They were very helpfull in answering all my questions and concerns and sounded truly honest with how they do business. The person I spoke with at haulbikes just sounded like he did not care about my concerns and questions and overall like he did not want to be talking to me. My bike is supposed to be hear by late July. Lets hope it arrives on time and in the condition it left. will follow up with this when it gets here.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I found this funny that this thread popped up when I am actually looking for a shipper. I just bought a beautiful 2015 CCT and needed to ship from Wisconsin to Washington. I agonized for a few days trying to figure which transport company to use as trying to find a shipper that will treat your ride like their own may be hard to find. I narrowed it down to 2 shippers as they specifically move motorcycles. One was haulbikes, the other, motorcycle shippers. Even though they were about 200 dollars more I went with motorcycle shippers. They were very helpfull in answering all my questions and concerns and sounded truly honest with how they do business. The person I spoke with at haulbikes just sounded like he did not care about my concerns and questions and overall like he did not want to be talking to me. My bike is supposed to be hear by late July. Lets hope it arrives on time and in the condition it left. will follow up with this when it gets here.
I've used Haulbikes a couple of times and all was good. The person who answers the phone was kinda short but the drivers who handled my bikes were bikers who treated me and my bikes properly.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I've used Haulbikes a couple of times and all was good. The person who answers the phone was kinda short but the drivers who handled my bikes were bikers who treated me and my bikes properly.
Yeah it all came down to first impressions for me when I was talking to the employee. It was a close decision. I read reviews regarding the drivers and they were all positive for both companies. One other deciding factory was that motorcycleshippers is going to be able to get me my bike sooner that haul bikes by about a week's time. I will update about the driver / bike condition when I receive it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I used MotorcycleShippers when I had to have my new Vision shipped from Oregon to Florida. They put a GPS on the bike and gave me the link to track it, so I was able to check on its location whenever I wanted. The bike was shipped on an over-sized pallet so the footprint of the pallet was the bike's "space" in the van. Because I worry about my bikes when they are not in my possession it was an agonizing week or so. But she arrived at her new home without a scratch (though a little dusty). I would use them again.

Also, I sold a Boss Hoss several years ago and the buyer used Keyboard Shippers. They came to my house and loaded the bike as I watched. I was impressed with the care the driver took in prepping that big fat girl for her journey. So I would not hesitate to use them as well.

Hope this helps.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.