VOG Forum banner

rear tire wobble

2805 27
I just had my rear tire changed to the Elite 4 and I have been riding it for two weeks with know problems. last Sunday I was riding on the highway when a Harley CVO passed be at about 90 so I kicked my CC down a gear and away we went. at about 100 or so I got a Bad rear tire wobble, got my attention for sure!! I know 100 is a bit over the speed limit but with my stock tire I have had to over 120 with know wobble at all steady as a rock. Has anyone had and wobble problems with this Brand of tire and besides the obvious, air pressure and alignment. What else should I be looking out for?
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,963 Posts
Could just be a bad tire.

·
Premium Member
12,963 Posts
I put a new E3 MT over a year ago before a 700 mile trip. It was fine for about 150 miles then it started to wobble. It was getting noticeable when turning especially slow turns. Never felt it at highway speeds.
It became worse and when I finally got it home I went straight back to the dealer.
They agreed it developed a defect and changed it immediately. What the actual issue with it was I have no clue. Broken belt ?

If your issue is only at high speed then it may just be a balancing issue but you are calling it a wobble. Be sure nothing loosened up.
A bent pulley will show itself at all speeds I would think. Take it back.

Reactions: Flyboy

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
when I say a wobble the ass was moving about 6 inches side to side not fun at ALL!! when I slowed down to 90 it stoped and know problems. I did not try it at 100 agin did not have the balls.

·
Premium Member
12,963 Posts
Did you check air pressure ? Either way I would take it back. Make them change the tire
I take quick sprints to 100 from time to time and my rear tire is rock solid.
Good luck.

Reactions: alaskaman

·
Registered
686 Posts
There has been a bit of bad mojo concerning the E4's. Some think its the thread straight down the middle but as you can see by the above posts, some have issue and some not. I think chances are that Dunlop put out a batch of bad tires. I need a set of tires and when I was at Americade, the only thing the tire vendors had for the XC was the E4. I opted not to put them on and of course they try and talk you into balance beads. The positive / negative on beads is as controversial as an oil thread..... there, I said it :banghead:

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
E4's front & rear=110 no prob on a 2013 XCT.

·
Super Moderator
26,834 Posts
Might try bumping up your pressure a bit.

Also just to cover all possible cause as this has been discussed recently.

·
Registered
18,467 Posts
Hate to be Capt Obvious here, but, prior tire no issue, new tire issue.... I always start withe the last thing I did before the FUBAR. Right over half the time.

About a year ago:

Dunlop Elite 4 Wobble | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums ...
Victory Owners Group › threads › dunlo...
Sep 9, 2016 - 15 posts - ‎13 authors
The dealer re-balanced both the front and rear tire and it still has the wobble. Any/all advise would be greatly appreciated. ... Not impressed with the E4. Try swapping the front to an E3. Informative x 3 ...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.