VOG Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
Those who've been around here for a while already know that I won't facilitate the downloading of copyrighted materials.

Yes, there are many places to get a Victory Service Manual for free, but this site is not one of them.

Sorry.

But if someone would like to share tips and tricks to changing a rear tire, that type of info is welcomed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just changed one yesterday. It was one big pain in the butt. I did it on the floor with the bike on a J&S lift by myself. If I ever do it again I'll do it on my Handy lift and have another pair of hands to help. If the labor cost is reasonable, I'll just have the dealer's tech do it the next time. I've pulled many, many wheels but getting that big hunk back in place is a real job particularly if you're of an advanced age such as myself and trying to do it laying prone on the garage floor. Yikes!

Marc

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's a lot more difficult than my VTX was. I changed my VTX tires all the time but the rear on the Vision I will leave to somebody else and going on 66 that is my excuse. The front won't be a problem. Now if I had a Handy Lift yes I would do it.

·
Registered
126 Posts

I have to agree - have the dealer do this and if you have a good dealer, it may be only slightly higher than the price of the tire(s)! I turned my first set of Dunlops out to pasture at 13000. Probably could have gone more, but an interstate trip was in the immediate future.
VVVet
08 VVTP
15000+ (s)miles

·
Registered
37 Posts
Any motorcycle repair shop can do it, in about an hour. It's worth the hour labor cost, especially for the tire-mounting machine because the tire bead is very stiff. Not the sort of thing you want to tackle with handtools. My local shop looked at my Vision and quickly summed up the process as "Simple... just like a GoldWing. Jack it up, pull the axle, and the tire drops out the bottom. No need to take off any bags, etc" I was in and out in 1 hour, including mounting the Darkside tire.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My CCT was a bear it just did not want to come out. The Brake caliper is under the rotor so I had to life up a lot and for my age it was a real deal. Not at all like my 1800 gold wing that I lay over on the side and pull the tire right off. I went dark side on both Victory and Honda and Honda is much easier by far

·
Grouchy Old Member
7,239 Posts
My CCT was a bear it just did not want to come out. The Brake caliper is under the rotor so I had to life up a lot and for my age it was a real deal. Not at all like my 1800 gold wing that I lay over on the side and pull the tire right off. I went dark side on both Victory and Honda and Honda is much easier by far
I'm with you!

If anything the Vision is even harder, but then I do not have a lift with a drop out panel for the rear tire.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
The rear was a ***** on my CCT. trying to line up the disc without the whole brake assembly sliding forward then lining up the washers to push the axle bolt through the whole time damn near killed me. Front was easy.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Why not take the 2 bolts off of the caliper & move it instead of giving yourself a hernia?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.