VOG Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New bike coming in this winter..Vision Tour Pearl White..

I was looking at bying the Chrome plastic covers for the rear TipOvers..putting out a couple of hunded dollars for plastic covers .....Well maybe i should go for the real thing , take them off and send them to be chromed.

This is were i need your advise...don't have a clue what it would cost $ , and wouldn't know were to send them.

Did any of you had them done and at what cost ?
Who would do a good job if i would decide to have them Chromed..

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

OK.. i've just got set straight....they are not plastic covers...they are stamped steel
I could go with that...but what about a good place to have some parts chromed...like, my control panel..

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I have the covers on mine. I am very satisfied with the quality and looks.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
I would for sure go with the covers rather than real chrome over the tips.
In case(when) they are needed, if the chromer that did the job didnt do the best job itn the world, they could chip. If you chip the covers you can just replace that cover. If you chip a tip that was chromed its a pain to take it off again and re chrome..
Also (sorry mark) some people (myself included) actually blacked out the dash because there is a certain amount of glare that reflects in the windshield under certain conditions. If you chrome it, yes it will look kick a$$ but im wondering about glare.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Point well taken for the reflection in the windshield ..Clubford00...now i don't think i'll go down that road..
Did you change your windshield because of the glare..is it that bad?

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
LoJak said:
Point well taken for the reflection in the windshield ..Clubford00...now i don't think i'll go down that road..
Did you change your windshield because of the glare..is it that bad?
I'll field that question as I was the one who changed that windshield...

I changed it for a few reasons. The main reason was that the Polarized lip at the top of the stock shield was just distracting and being a vertically challenged rider, it seemed to always be in my field of view. I tried replacing it with the lower Factory shield (so that I could easily see over it when it was lowered), but after only one day of highway riding (with the shield in multiple positions), it was buffeting and took away from the Vision riding experience. I didn't experience any buffeting with the stock size shield.

I had heard good things about the Cee Bailey's shield, called them and was impressed by their knowledge about the Vision. I ordered the headlight protector at the same time...they offer a discount for multiple purchases. The shield I ordered (I think) was 2" taller than stock and it provided excellent wind protection.

While your mileage may vary, I noticed a slight reduction in the dash glare with the Bailey's windshield vs. the stock shield and the distortion was greatly reduced. Since it's not Polarized, that was a bonus for me as I wear Polarized sunglasses. And yes, the wind protection was excellent and for my size, a great improvement over the stock shield.

I'm sure Clubford00 can add some words of wisdom on how the glare changed when he changed the color on the console. He did a great job on it.

I'm also curious as to whether or not there is an increased glare with the chrome console? Logic would tell me that depending on the location of the sun, it could reflect on the rider's eyes. When I saw Bakfxr's chrome setup though, it looked very nice.

For the rear tip overs...check out this video as this was the best chrome treatment I've seen on a Vision and they don't have that "textured" area in the center:

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
I measured the cee baileys and it measures 18" in the center top to bottom. i am going to order the 16" shield and that will allow me at 6' to look over the top when fully retracted but still offer good protection when up.
I noticed a tremendous reduction in windshield glare when i blacked out the dash and even more when i did the bezel. I have to admit i really like the looks of the carbon fiber, so that might be a winter project. Along with the Major project i have in store for the bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.