VOG Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I am looking at adding some semi hard saddlebags to my 09 Vegas 8-ball and I see that it requires the rear footpeg mounts. Can anyone tell me, are these the mounts that are $200+ bucks (from Victory)??

I am just looking for some removable extra storage for things like shopping etc. when out. I like the look of the hard/semi hard bags, but yowzer the price (if those mounts are $200+)!

Thanks,

j

·
Registered
83 Posts

yep. if you are going with Victory products. Prepare to shell out $800+ when the day is done.
A good way to go for what you want would be those bags with a Ghost Bracket/EZ Bracket setup. I have no links, but it gets around the footpeg problem and just leaves decent lookingbuttons on your fender rail when you take them off.
Not sure if this works with the hardshell bags, but the plether ones will work and are a little cheaper I think.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey J, I went with the ghost bracket(@$150) and Edge Bags(@$359), very happy with the set-up so far. The bags are synthetic leather that are hard sided so they wont collapseand are holding up well with just an occasional Armorall wipe. About a minute to put on or take off, they lock to the brackets and I pack my stuff in liners that I take inside with me at the motel or wherever I stop.You can see pic of the hardware that's left on the bike with the bags off at my page. When I think about it I'll post pics with the bags on......OneRider.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great info guys!

I was looking at the pleather bags, thinking they would be much easier to deal with (and cheaper)...

I assume the ghost brackets are the Saddleback quick attach from polaris? Part2876862...

Thanks!

j

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.