VOG Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently decided to have my swingarm powder coated on my '07 Vegas. That dull aluminum look drove me crazy. Anyways whenever trying to install the caliper/bracket back on the rotor and it doesn't want to slide in. I bought new ebc pads for it FA209/2Hh. The side towards the front of the bike will slide in but the side towards the rear will not. It's almost like something is bent but there's no reason why anything would be. It's rubbing between the pad that is on the inside of the rotor and the caliper mounting bracket.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the wheel spacers are correct they haven't been moved and the slide is powder coated. I thought that might be an issue so I decided to see if having the bracket/caliper loose from the axle bolt and trying to slide it on the caliper would work. It still will not slide on. It doesn't have enough clearance in between the rear facing part of the caliper. It hits on the pad and the caliper bracket. I'll take some pictures of it whenever I get home for a better understanding.

·
Registered
6,350 Posts
That sounds like the caliper has slid in the mounting bracket .

You're going to want to get the coating out of the area where the caliper bracket sits in the swingarm. That's a tight fit to start with.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Pistons are all the way in but the piston side is not the issue. It won't slide on with the wheel off. When you try to slide it on the rotor it won't fit between the pad (the one opposite of the piston side pad) and the bracket that holds the caliper. There's more clearance at one end of the caliper for the rotor to fit in than the other.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
It's like yer pads are shimmed? Check the retaining pins to be VERY sure they're in straight and the pads are not hung on one of the vibration springs (yeah, that happened on the front brakes to me once).

G'Luck….

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I thought it was weird. You have the end with the pin going through that looks fine then you look at the side with the little valley retainer clips thing and it sits in the very edge of it instead of being more toward the center.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.