VOG Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my boardwalk a set of Victory saddlebags were included. Unfortunately one of them are trashed pretty bad from roadrash. Does anyone know of a company who reskins victory bag? The bag is structurally sound. It just needs new leather and buckle/straps.

Also, I have what appears to be a tall victory windshield. I would like to have it cut down a few inches and tinted. I would appreciate some pointers for this as well.

Thank you all.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Call up auto glass shops and ask them if they have experience in doing them. A local shop took 2.5" off mine back in 2012 for $50. If you feel confident in doing it yourself, then go ahead. But then again, once it's buggered, it's buggered and expensive to replace.

Reactions: KeepRidin!

·
Registered
404 Posts
I cut down my own windshield. Not bad to do. Minimal tools needed. I left it on the bike when I did it because that kept it stable and a good height to work on it. Cover the bike as much as possible because this makes a LOT of dust.

1) I taped poster paper to the exist shield and drew the top of the current shield and marked the top center
2) Take the paper off and cut the paper where you drew the line so you have the shape
3) Cover front of shield with painter tape & position the template where you want it. The left/right edges won't marry well. That's OK.
4) Trace outline from paper onto tape
5) Cut windshield with fine tooth jig saw just above line. The further along you cut, the more the cut piece will vibrate. An assistant (wife) holding it so it won't snap just at the end is wise.
6) Use vibrating sander to bring down to line starting with rough paper and work toward fine. I cut mine too far above the line and started with a belt sander. I was a bit leery, but did it SLOW.
7) Where the new line meets the old like, you have to feather in the line to marry up nice
8) Use sander to round the edges so it isn't a vertical cut
9) Use steel wool to get the edge real smooth
10) take the tape off
11) Have a beer - Stay thirsty my friend

Hope this helps.

Reactions: jaelliott
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.