VOG Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im switching to rotella t5 15w 40 and a bosch filter. i didnt do the liters to qt conversion when i bought it. i see that im a 1/2 qt short but they dont sell 1 qt size of t5 or t6 and my local orielly or napa, or advanced auto. they do sell t4 but not sure if its 15w 40. if it is should i just put that in?

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
The T-5 doesn't cost that much does it? I would just get another gallon. That way you'll have extra for several more changes. That's what I do with Rotella T-6.

·
Registered
266 Posts
What a thread this is gonna be.

Look, this American bike calls for 5 qts, you only got 4 cause it mostly comes in 1 gallon jugs, sometimes 2.5 gallons, (you're 1 qt shy), you live in the Milwaukee area, where does this metric stuff come from?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Put in any semi-synthetic oil of the same weight. It'll mix fine. Additives might be a bit different but you'll do no harm.(some will add either dino or full synthetic too. No problem)
The same thing will happen next time if you buy a single jug so you might as well just get another T5 now and use part of it.
Oil doesn't go bad sitting in a closed container.

And by the way, it is a metric bike. There's a lot of other things you'll need to pay attention to when you're working on it.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
They (Oriely's) sell T-5 by the QT 15w40 use what you need and keep the rest for the next change.

·
Registered
6,846 Posts
Actually the past few changes on my KP I've used a gallon of semi blue jug and 1 qt of the white regular. Basically blending my own. Mostly because I can't find the blue in 1 qt quantity.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.