VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Dean,
Good to hear from you ! Glad to hear that VISION is still on your mind. The State of Illinois has finally decided to widen Rt 47. They got in touch with the owner, owner in turn told us, we need to be out by December. Randy's plan is to purchase a building of his own. Which he is, now,in the process of. We are all very excited -- looking forward to a new building !!!!!! We are planning on closing these doors and opening the new doors. Not to be shut down at all. Hopefully a very smooth transition. VICTORY has been an enormously successful line for us, VICTORY is our bread and butter. We plan on being around for a very long time. Besides that, Randy is toooo young to retire !!!!! haha
When all things are right and Randy signs on the dotted line - we'll all know and so will all ya'll. We will advertise, on the website, every where !!!!
Hope to see you soon,
DEBBIE SCHILLING
RANDYS CYCLE
847-669-0256

·
Registered
690 Posts
Sounds great, thanks Clubford00. If they have an open house I'm going. Got my first Victory item from them before they started Victory. They where great then, that was in 2000.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes Debbie was great to deal with and as i had said in an earlier post. Her green eyes made the experience at the dealership even better ;)
Im going to wait until the bike show to buy unless the open house is sooner and they offer a good deal.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts

Dean,
Debbie says hi, I was there today.
Randy told me he just today got the sign real estate purchase papers back. I guess financing and closing is next, from his mouth, closer to 90 on 20 but closer to Hampshire with a Marengo mailing address.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jim, sounds great. Did randy give you any kind of time frame at all? Or is he playing it close to the vest? Any good deals left?
Yeah Debbie is great. Gotta love the green eyes and i will be looking forward to buying from them (randys not the green eyes)
Although................lol

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Clubford00 said:
Jim, sounds great. Did randy give you any kind of time frame at all? Or is he playing it close to the vest? Any good deals left?
Yeah Debbie is great. Gotta love the green eyes and i will be looking forward to buying from them (randys not the green eyes)
Although................lol
No clues other than what I stated. I spent a few minutes serching commercial property for sale or lease in Marengo/Hampshire and may have found 1 possible location (based on street and square footage) but didn't record it cause I'm not done.
There are still some deals with closeout stuff but anything for 08 or 09 is only10% off.
They do have 2 or 3 large bins/boxes out side with scrap, used exhausts and various steel parts tha are marked FREE. I thought I saw at least 1 set of "stock" pipes from Victory inone of the boxes.

·
Registered
53 Posts

Update on Randy's
I made a stop there yesterday to get more points and was talkin to Randy bout the new place. Well as it seems still nothing as the banks are tight on givin out money, they won't give him a answer as they want more infomation from him. As Randy said he has to prove that he does not need the money. We just got to keep our fingers crossed. He has got the last ofmy parts back, all my grey panels will be satain black, all that is left is the dash panel and the rear valance and still waiting on the rear tip overs crome covers as they are on back order.
Have a happy turkey day all.
Bob

·
Registered
2,719 Posts

Thanks for the update even though it is not good news. Worst casemay be that randy has to rent rather than buy until the economy turns back around. I also have to believe that he got some of his business from his location and all the vehilces that pass by daily.
Happy T day to you too Bob.
Jim

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actally the worst case is that he stays where hes at until they kick him to the curb and then works out of his basement until the banks come around. If he sells off most or all of his current inventory, and cant get the loan, he might re think the timing on reopening. that would suck. The next closest Vic dealer to me is G&G in wisconsin (about an hour and a half away) and then i think Merriville In. If that one is still there.
Hell i keep playing the lotto and if i win , there will be a Vic dealer in Buffalo Grove ! lol
Thanks for the updates and if anyone hears anything let us know.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Latest update
I just got off the phone with Debbie at Randys cycle. She going out of town for a week and was just touching base with her customers to see how things were going and to wish everyone happy holidays.
I asked her the latest news on the new shop and she said that randy has a bid in on a new place in Merengo Ill. Its 5 acres with a building and if everything goes through they will be shooting for a grand opening sometime in Feb
She also said they just got a new shipment of Vics 15 to be exact. Jackpots hammers and a bunch of Visions.
The only used Vision they have left is their 08 street demo.
gees 5 acres. The old place is about 1/2 acre. Randy what are you gonna do with all that room? Put in a helipad for all your high rollers??
Well thats the latest news from lake Wobegon
Dean

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nothing yet, The last time i talked to Debbie i told her i would see her at the show in Feb.
The last letter i got from Randy basically just said keep an eye out for good things to come.
I will grill them at the show and let everyone know.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Clubford00 said:
Nothing yet, The last time i talked to Debbie i told her i would see her at the show in Feb.
The last letter i got from Randy basically just said keep an eye out for good things to come.
I will grill them at the show and let everyone know.
I talked to the crew this past Saturday (17th), now expecting late Feb early March. Awaiting SBA approval.

·
Premium Member
3,850 Posts
While I've never been to Randy's, I'm to understand it's a great operation. I can only hope the SBA is not being crippled with this economy or making him jump through too many hoops. As we all know, credit is tight.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts

Clubford00 said:
Typical, every timeI hear, its a few months later every time.
It was humorous..when I pulled up there was a guy outside using spray paint and marking the property on top of the remaining snow/ice...I was surprised and asked Randy about it, what happens when the snow melts? or it snows and covers the markings? Randy said that they mark all the time and he still hasn't been told when he needs to be out.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Stopped by Randys today and talked to Debbie for a while. They have a nice assortment of 09 Visions in stock now, all colors. They still have the Ness Street as well. Looking sharp with a price to match, 26 k.
I asked about the new place and Deb told me that the deal is in the hands of the lawers now. The place in Marango is 35k sq ft. and on 5 acres.
She also said that another property is being considered just down the street from the place they are in now.
Its a furniture wharehouse going out of buisness, 12k sq ft and not much more land than they have now. But it would be a much easier move, and im assuming that its less money as well. She said she would be working the IMS next weekend and is looking forward to the show. Me too.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have work today out in woodstock, so i think ill cruise down 47 and stop at Randys for a bit and see if anything is new. Ill let you know my findings.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.