VOG Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have seen a couple of threads on the Raging Cajun exhaust most talk about the sound etc.

Looking for someone with a cross/magnum bike WITH CAMS that has dyno graphs for the Double Deep, Deep and Throaty, Rippers and Blasters. Wanting to know what RPM the torque starts to fall off at. WITH cams. I understand cams will vary but at least I will have an idea.

I have been emailing back and forth with Dave. He suggests the Blasters so the bike will pull hard all the way thought the RPM range. However I did not care for the video clips of them. I do really like the sound of the Double Deep which sound amazing but according to Dave the torque drops off at 3500 ish. I love the one graph on the Rippers that I saw.

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
Well, I don't have a graph, and I really can't tell you where the torque "drops off" , but I can tell you that up to about 6200 RPM, I'm still hangin' on tight.

3500??!! Right in the meat of it and still gettin' warmed up. Cams, lloyd's filter, ragin' cajuns, maximus tune. Lift the front wheel shifting to 2nd (not a lot, but still leaves the pavement) and can't just "whack" it in first or loose all back traction. That good enough for ya?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I don't have a graph, and I really can't tell you where the torque "drops off" , but I can tell you that up to about 6200 RPM, I'm still hangin' on tight.

3500??!! Right in the meat of it and still gettin' warmed up. Cams, lloyd's filter, ragin' cajuns, maximus tune. Lift the front wheel shifting to 2nd (not a lot, but still leaves the pavement) and can't just "whack" it in first or loose all back traction. That good enough for ya?
Which set of Raging Cajun's do you have? What were the final Torque and HP numbers do you happen to remember?

OH yes good enough. I will have the same tuner and air filter along with the under drive pulley and cams of course. I currently have Tri Ovals but looking to swap them before the cams and tune are done.

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
I don't have a graph. Bike was tuned by Noe and he has nailed it for me. I believe his knowledge and experience allow him to use the data and create a very well running bike. He filled me in on a lot of detail about how the engine is tuned and for each set of demands I place on the motor.
It works.

Reactions: James2003x

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
I have seen a couple of threads on the Raging Cajun exhaust most talk about the sound etc.

Looking for someone with a cross/magnum bike WITH CAMS that has dyno graphs for the Double Ddeep, Deep and Throaty, Rippers and Blasters. Wanting to know what RPM the torque starts to fall off at. WITH cams. I understand cams will vary but at least I will have an idea.

I have been emailing back and forth with Dave. He suggests the Blasters so the bike will pull hard all the way thought the RPM range. However I did not care for the video clips of them. I do really like the sound of the Double Deep which sounds amazing but according to Dave, the torque drops off at 3500 ish. I love the one graph on the Rippers that I saw.
You misunderstood what I wrote to you in my email. The DDT mufflers torque doesn't drop off at 3,500, what I meant in my email to you, is that the torque starts sooner up to 3,500 rpm's from 2,500 RPMs. The more torque an exhaust puts out from lower rpm's the more the velocity the exhaust gases have, but less HP at higher RPM's. The higher HP an exhaust has the less velocity the exhaust gases have at lower rpms and less torque. This all depends on where you like to shift.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have a graph. Bike was tuned by Noe and he has nailed it for me. I believe his knowledge and experience allow him to use the data and create a very well running bike. He filled me in on a lot of detail about how the engine is tuned and for each set of demands I place on the motor.
It works.
Gotcha. Kevin X is closest to me so he will be doing mine. Do you know which set of Raging Cajuns you have?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
You misunderstood what I wrote to you in my email. The DDT mufflers torque doesn't drop off at 3,500, what I meant in my email to you, is that the torque starts sooner up to 3,500 rpm's from 2,500 RPMs. The more torque an exhaust puts out from lower rpm's the more the velocity the exhaust gases have, but less HP at higher RPM's. The higher HP an exhaust has the less velocity the exhaust gases have at lower rpms and less torque. This all depends on where you like to shift.
I did misunderstand.

I thought you were saying the torque falls off at 3500. I was like woah. Nope not what I want. lol

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
Gotcha. Kevin X is closest to me so he will be doing mine. Do you know which set of Raging Cajuns you have?
They are the Double Deep thumpers. Not so loud as you might think, but real nice. Great when opening it up.

·
Registered
865 Posts
yeah I heard those on a 70 mph fly by they sounded awesome.

if they pull not redline with cams I'll probably go with those if they're more free flowing than my tri ovals.
I have the Mediums on mine. They sound nice, not thumpy or brash. I have a set of Vance and Hines HO that sound sweet, big thump, great performance, but they drone like mad on trips. The percussion bothers my ears. But they do sound sweet. I'm still in the middle trying to settle on one path.

D&D has a nice set. Good performers, one piece angled to the bags and have a good sound. They wind up fast and are smooth on the road.

First got the bike had RPW. They were great performers but folks behind you had issue specially if you got on it. LOL. Brash high pitch sound on the road though.

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
While I wouldn't say that pipes don't make a difference, the thing about these bikes is that the restriction and back pressure is somewhat established ahead of the pipes with the cats. The one thing you DON'T want to do is remove those. Pipes will change the sound, but unless they are completely wide open or restricted say, more than stock, what you'll feel and experience will be of no real consequence. The sound can give the appearance of better performance, but one set of dyno numbers does not tell the whole story. I like the Maximus and the way that Noe tunes, because he knows what all the ratios are up and down the scale, under load, or not. To me, that is more important. Means my engine is getting what it needs when it needs it.
I have nothing against them. A dyno can certainly help the tuner to verify what he thinks he already knows.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
While I wouldn't say that pipes don't make a difference, the thing about these bikes is that the restriction and back pressure is somewhat established ahead of the pipes with the cats. The one thing you DON'T want to do is remove those. Pipes will change the sound, but unless they are completely wide open or restricted say, more than stock, what you'll feel and experience will be of no real consequence. The sound can give the appearance of better performance, but one set of dyno numbers does not tell the whole story. I like the Maximus and the way that Noe tunes, because he knows what all the ratios are up and down the scale, under load, or not. To me, that is more important. Means my engine is getting what it needs when it needs it.
I have nothing against them. A dyno can certainly help the tuner to verify what he thinks he already knows.
I have two bikes, both with Lloyd's filter, timing wheel and PCV. Almost every thing is identical between the two bikes. The only difference is the the slip ons. Between the two bikes I have swapped the pipes 5 times. I can tell you from experience that the slip ons do make a difference!

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I will also say that in terms of bang for the buck performance the DDTs get my vote.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.