VOG Forum banner

RAGIN CAJUN EXHAUST

60K views 392 replies 75 participants last post by  crosscountryla 
#1 ·
Just a quick shout out.

I couldn't be happier with my exhaust. For a fraction of the cost of some of the big name brand exhausts my bike sounds absolutely awesome. It feels like it has more power just about everywhere and is nice and low and throaty.

He was a pleasure to work with. Took the time to answer about a million questions I had. Always responded promptly and the turn around time was awesome.

Anyone thinking about getting pipes for their Victory should seriously consider going with the Ragin Cajun.

This is not an add. I'm new to the victory bikes, and just super happy with the customer service and quality of the pipes I got. Exhaust is one of the most important things in my book.
It's the first thing I got done and am just so pleased with everything that I thought it was worth sharing.

#2 ·
Same here, I couldn't be happier with my Raging Cajun Medium Low & Throaty mufflers. Crosscountryla, as said above, is a wealth of information and makes the business transaction as easy, simple and as pleasurable as possible.

#3 ·
Same with my RIPPER XL's....was going to change to L&T but then thought WHY...got what he suggested at the time and still love them....Thanks again DAVE:clap:

Reactions: crosscountryla
#4 ·
How about some pics?!

#5 ·
I'd have to take cut in half after taking covers off...sorry. AND if you look at stock exhaust muffler your seeing same....his work is on the inside....slide old mufflers off, his on then covers/tips back on.

#7 ·
#8 · (Edited)
Just a quick shout out.

I couldn't be happier with my exhaust. For a fraction of the cost of some of the big name brand exhausts my bike sounds absolutely awesome. It feels like it has more power just about everywhere and is nice and low and throaty.

He was a pleasure to work with. Took the time to answer about a million questions I had. Always responded promptly and the turn around time was awesome.

Anyone thinking about getting pipes for their Victory should seriously consider going with the Ragin Cajun.

This is not an add. I'm new to the victory bikes, and just super happy with the customer service and quality of the pipes I got. Exhaust is one of the most important things in my book.
It's the first thing I got done and am just so pleased with everything that I thought it was worth sharing.
Thanks for the positive forum post. :) I'm glad that you like the exhaust sound of the Raging Cajun ( medium ) low and throaty mufflers that I sold you.

Dave

dnewman3402@hotmail.com

#9 ·
Thanks for the positive forum post. :) I'm glad that you like the exhaust sound of the Raging Cajun ( medium ) low and throaty mufflers that I sold you.
Dave....I have RIPPER XL's...those are the ones I love :icon_thumleft:

#10 ·
I'd have to take cut in half after taking covers off...sorry. AND if you look at stock exhaust muffler your seeing same....his work is on the inside....slide old mufflers off, his on then covers/tips back on.
Oh - I see. I did not realize it was just internal muffler baffles. I thought it was a complete exhaust. Nope - Don't need pics if that. Thanks for the reply.

#18 ·
I bought a set of Low and Throaty Touring exhaust from Dave for my Vision. After talking with him these are the ones he suggested for me. He said they are a little quieter then the regular L&T. At highway speeds I can barely hear them. They are decently deep, with no brightness when your pushing them to redline. I haven't added a tuner yet but my bike pulls better with the exhaust. Next is a maximus and air filters. Dave is very knowledge about exhaust for the Vics. I looked for the deleted thread to add my review too. But it's gone. If anyone is looking for a good sounding exhaust give Dave a call. I'm sure that he makes a baffle that will please you. Thanks Dave. You Da Man

#22 ·
I just installed the Double Deep Thumpers. They have a rumble that reminds me of a 1958 Caddilac.......on steroids! They roar when you get on them and I find myself looking for excuses to do just that.
They are louder than my Bassanis. In fact, I'd recommend ear plugs with these. My wife is on the fence about these because they are loud but said leave them on because she likes the custom sound. I haven't taken her for a ride yet so we'll see. David told me that he tuned them to give more low to mid range torque and they deliver. My bike, (the XCT ) is bone stock except I disconnected the O2 sensor. I get a little popping on deceleration but no more than I was getting before. Overall, I like the pipes, even loud the sound is addicting. The service was amazing! David was patient and got back to me to answer every question. This process took me two months of asking questions and more questions and then negotiating with the wife. She vetoed the purchase because I already spent this year's mod money. I pushed it through on a loophole by selling some passenger pegs and Bag bars. Only cost me a couple hundred bucks including shipping. So many have raved about Ragin Cajuns....I had to know why. Now I do!

#23 ·
I have same exhaust and love them. I had RIPPERS, which I liked. Over a year after I purchased those Dave called me to tell me about his new DDT's (said he remembered from all our conversations what I wanted, now that's customer service!!). Got great deal and they arrived just before going down to chase @Mountainrider. First thing I felt, thought, was ,my clutch was slipping when coming out of curves. Upon further feeling it was the, what I call, coming up on the pipes....DDT's REALLY come on around 2700, as the cams do, up to 5200. Add the sound, nice when just cruising....head turner when getting with the program! Have had lots of comments on sound, especially HD friends. BONUS....wife LOVES sound to, both at steady cruise and when "on it" :dance:
NOTE: name another exhaust maker that takes care of customers like DAVE does....can't.
Bujee, if to loud contact Dave, as he will change to exactly what you/wife want. Also, ride for awhile, they do change some and I think for the better.

#25 ·
Let me be clear. I am loving these pipes! When I bought the bike, I modified the stock pipes because all the noise from the top end was bugging me. But then I lost my low end torque. So I switched back to a pair of unmodified stock pipes I had in the garage. Got my torque back but also the sewing machine. These pipes give me MORE low to mid range torque and no more sewing machine! My only rub was that they are louder than I expected. Too loud? Not for local rides but maybe for long distance touring. ( The rumble from my Bassanis used to put my wife to sleep.) We'll see. It's not hard to switch pipes on these bikes and it gives me an excuse to use my lift table for something besides changing my oil.
I have bassanis 2/1 on my VEGAS, they are a little quitter when cruising, but way louder then the DDT's when ON IT. The DDT's have a nice subtle rumble cruising even with light acceleration, but twist it and they sound off. My wife only fell asleep with stock pipes :badgrin:

#30 ·
So I got Llyod's VM1-DR cams and dyno'd down at bike week this past weekend and Dave's Ripper XXL mufflers stole the show. It was really cool to see the bar clear out to hear my bike sing on the Dyno Pad, plus watching Harley Owners plug thier ears was funny too. Thanks again Dave!

Lloyds air filter, Raging Cajun Ripper XXL mufflers, the cams and tuned using my Maximus tuner = 112 ft/lbs torque and 113 hp.

#31 ·
My neighbors brother has a Z model Camaro. He said he had over 500 hp. He had gone over the motor and exhaust and detailed every upgrade. He turned the key and got a nice throaty rumble. I walked over to my XC and fired it up. He raised an eyebrow. Then I cranked the throttle. His jaw dropped!
Thanks @crosscountryla !

#35 ·
I had originally purchased a set of Low and Throatys from Dave. I sent him a message wanting more sound. Dave offered to make me a set of Double DEEP Thumpers for no charge. I paid for shipping each way. Dave called and we talked for about 45 minutes about the bike and mods that were made I am extremely please with the double deep thumpers. They sound amazing. I added a Llyodz air filter and a PVCX and they are even better now. If you are thinking about upgrading exhaust give Dave a shout. It will be well worth your time and you will not be disappointed

#36 ·
Only 45...he must have been busy...or hungry :rofl3: We talk regularly...GREAT guy:icon_thumleft:

• Haha
#37 ·
Thanks for the positive post. Glad you like the sound of the Raging Cajun, ( medium ) low and throaty mufflers
Actually, I have your Double Deep Thumper mufflers
. (DDTs)
But yes, I like the sound and I get compliments on them from my riding buddies. We ride a number of conditions when we ride, (Living in LA)
Occasionally we will ride freeway speeds of 85 mph ( with the flow of traffic of course) then ride twisties in the mountains and have to split lanes in rush hour traffic coming home. All require a different kind of riding, My wing man says the pipes have a nice rumble most of the time but speak with authority when needed.

#38 ·
Dave you are the man. I'm really happy with the Low and Throaty Touring you made for me
I have his touring pipes on my XCT. It is amazing the difference the exhaust makes in the riding experience. Both of my bikes have Lloyd's Airfilter and timing wheel and PCV. The XC will yank my arms when jumping on the freeway. (Nice when riding alone but not so much when you have a passenger.) The XCT will get me onto the freeway quickly as well but it is more of a smooth acceleration, less visceral than my XC.
I love them both!
I can tell that Dave has spent a lot of time in the saddle tuning his pipes to specific needs. He is a connoisseur of exhaust systems. And his pipes do not disappoint. This coming from a former Bassani fan.I guess I still am to an extent. My Bassani Quick Change mufflers look cool hanging in my garage.

#50 · (Edited)
I had thought you were running the Bassani. At least that's what I thought you had when we rode.
Yeah, I like the Cajun's. I still got this question in my head whether the RPW performed better. They might not, but seems to me it felt like it. But, they were brash to my ear. They did have a nice hum at certain areas, but when you got on it with them, they certainly knew you meant business.
Last time you and I rode together I had did have the Bassanis on my bike. That was a long, long, long, time ago. (Hint)
When are we riding again?

#51 ·
Bike is near done from paint. Health problems been slowing me down a bit but they are getting better. Seem to be playing more golf than riding lately.