RAGIN CAJUN EXHAUST | Page 20 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

RAGIN CAJUN EXHAUST

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by PrettyRicky218, Mar 29, 2017.

1. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2011 Cross Country
    For anyone wondering why ole Slick sold his DDT adjustable mufflers ……..
    after a weekend of swapping and riding and trying to convince my lovely bride who is the owner of the bike in question 2016 Magnum Stealth X1 decided on the Ness Honkers that she originally chose for her bike. With the addition of my home made lollipop baffles I was able to tune the sound and deliver the torque where she likes to ride it and must say I nailed it. The higher cost of the honkers also swayed her decision to keep them. So by selling the DDT’s she thought we could re coup that money easier since they are a bargain. After a long battle with Covid and not being able to work ( both of us )Some parts needed to leave the garage that weren’t being used.
    Now my feelings about the DDT adjustable mufflers. I absolutely loved them. The deep hot rod sound especially coming off the throttle was perfect to my ears. They made power and the adjustments showed a difference in sound and torque.
    I wanted to keep them and maybe try them on my XC. Because of the tune on that bike with heavily baffled D&D pipes it was not cost effective to re tune and besides I love my no longer available and hard to find D&D mufflers. The other issue is I don’t have the stock cans or heat Shields from my 11 Xc as I sold the whole set up years ago. Needed for the DDT.
    Anyone looking for that perfect sound ?? You just need to contact Dave @crosscountryla.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. md2420

md2420 Well-Known Member

2014 Vision
    Guys…another repeat satisfied customer here. Dave recently reworked another set of mufflers for my Vision. I was looking for something deeper than I had. (What I described to him as going from a baritone to a tuba). His “Deep Accelerator” mufflers were the ticket!

Deep throaty sound just like I wanted. Not too loud (for me) and when I get on it, has that big V8 muscle car sound. The deep tone is pleasing to my ear (doesn’t drone) and has great pull throughout the rev range! Just did a short 50 miles today, but looking forward to fully breaking them in around that 500-1000 mile mark. I know they will get a little deeper and louder, and at that point I expect they will be perfect for me. Thx again Dave! I know we had a few convos about my needs and you took your time to think through how to deliver what you thought I wanted. You did it, sir. You. Did. It.

anyone on the fence about their muffler sound and performance, get in touch with @crosscountryla You will NOT be disappointed

note: I said “for me” quite a bit in my post…that’s the other great thing about Ragin Cajun. Each exhaust is custom made…FOR YOU!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. IndyVictory

IndyVictory Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Country Tour
    Happy with my tri-ovals not being too loud. Could maybe sound a bit better though.

4. Chattanooga_Mark

Chattanooga_Mark Well-Known Member

2012 CCT, Wonderful in white
    My Raging Cajun Medium Low & Throaty mufflers could be perfect for you. I went from Tri Ovals to them.

• Like Like x 2
  5. crosscountryla

crosscountryla Well-Known Member

2014 cross country tour
    Mark

I'm really glad that you love the exhaust sound of your Raging Cajun, Deep, Accelerator mufflers. :biggrin: I set the baffle for the deepness and loudness at the highway speeds that you told me that you ride the most.

• Like Like x 1
  6. IM12STPN

IM12STPN Well-Known Member

2016 Vegas 8-Ball BLACK!! 2016 CCT...BLACK also
    Went on a "little" ride this summer, at wife's request. 30 days...8400 miles out west. Our first extended stop for a couple days was in Shreveport, LA I've been in contact not only for exhaust, but just in conversations/texts with the FAMOUS RAGIN CAJUN...DAVE. I HAD to stop and finally meet him in person. What a pleasure it was, he's more then just an exhaust guy, SUPER nice and enjoyed our time/ride together. IF ever in his area, take the time to stop and meet him.
    Hoping he doesn't have issue with me attaching his pic...I didn't mind he now rides a HD:biggrin:

B29.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. pella cholla

pella cholla Well-Known Member

Cross Country Tour
    The man. The Legend!!! Definitely the go to guy for some mean sounding pipes!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ETrider

ETrider Well-Known Member

2021 Indian Challenger Dark Horse
    CrossCountryLA and I just tweaked the pipes on my Indian Challenger. He got them PERFECT! He increased the volume and somehow LOWERED the tone! It's got that low-down, mean growl at highway speeds. It's not obnoxious, but you know know it's there and it means BIDNESS!

I could not be more happy with the sound! 10 out of 10! And the bike winds out faster now, too! You really outdid yourself, CrossCountryLA! Thanks! And keep up the good work!

• Winner Winner x 4
  9. crosscountryla

2014 cross country tour
    ETrider

When we swapped bikes and you rode my Road Glide Ultra with the 128-inch engine in it and I rode your Challenger, riding your Challenger at 80 mph the exhaust sounded just right. In fact I preferred the sound of your exhaust over the exhaust on Road Glide Ultra which is just a little too deep and loud for my ears. Your modified stage one mufflers are not too deep and loud but have just the right deepness and exhaust tone.:clap: When we swapped bikes again and I was riding beside you on the right lane of the highway and you were riding on the left lane at 80 mph I could hear my exhaust really good, and your exhaust was even more audible than my exhaust. I was surprised at how audible your exhaust sounded riding beside you when compared to when I rode your bike at the same speed. Riding your bike at 80 mph in 6th gear didn't sound that loud to me when I rode it but riding beside your exhaust sure sounds deeper and louder now. I could also feel a noticeable difference in how much quicker your engine revs out now vs before we modified your baffles.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Chattanooga_Mark

“Increased the volume and lowered the tone” is an awesome description.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. crosscountryla

2014 cross country tour
    I was amazed how much deeper the idle was and with a nice thump too when Blake first started up his Challenger right after we modified his baffles and removed the fiberglass wrap on them too The sound of the exhaust before we modified his baffles and after we modified his baffles was a night and day difference in exhaust sound and volume. So much deeper now at idle than before. Blake's Challenger is the best sounding Indian Challenger that I have heard yet with any after-market exhaust.

12. Chattanooga_Mark

Are these your Raging Cajun mufflers on the Challenger or did you correct another brand’s system? I’m on my second Raging Cajun design and you keep finding ways to improve on an already awesome system. Thank you @crosscountryla!

13. crosscountryla

2014 cross country tour

I modified his stage one Challenger mufflers two times to dial in the exhaust sound that he wanted to hear. Over time I keep finding ways to change exhaust sounds. I used a completely new baffle design when reworked his Challenger stage one mufflers.

• Winner Winner x 2
  14. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    Dave ….. wondering if that new baffle design will find its way to the Victory’s? Will they fit in our stock pipes ?

15. crosscountryla

2014 cross country tour
    Slickvic

The Challenger stage one mufflers have an outer shape similar to the Trioval mufflers. Because of the inlet and outlet of the Challenger stage one mufflers I was really limited in ways to change the exhaust sound. This is how I ended up with this new baffle design. He rode his Challenger over 100 miles one way to my house so I could rework his set of Challenger mufflers. I don't sell baffles. To duplicate this baffle design would be over $261 in parts, plus the paint and the labor

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1