RAGIN CAJUN EXHAUST | Page 19 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

RAGIN CAJUN EXHAUST

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by PrettyRicky218, Mar 29, 2017.

1. crosscountryla

crosscountryla Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2014 cross country tour

Better late than never bro. I'm very glad that you like the sound of your Raging Cajun, DDT , adjustable mufflers.

[email protected]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
  2. md2420

md2420 Well-Known Member

2014 Vision
  3. IM12STPN

IM12STPN Well-Known Member

2016 Vegas 8-Ball BLACK!! 2016 CCT...BLACK also
    Heading out AUG 20th for 3 week western trip...first stop... 2 days in Shreveport with Ragin Cajun Dave :dance: I had all the motor mods done by HOFFER PERFORMANCE here in Michigan. I had him put my new adjustable DDT'S on...when he saw, he was very impressed, seeing the adjustments that could be done. Said he had on dyno and extra hour PLAYING with it, said he set with max hp/tq and hoped I liked sound...YES:icon_thumleft:...even better then the DDT'S on my other CC I had. Will be interesting for Dave to see where they are adjusted BUT I will NOT let him change :crackup:(staying with dyno read AND sound:icon_thumleft:)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Chattanooga_Mark

Chattanooga_Mark Well-Known Member

2012 CCT, Wonderful in white
    @IM12STPN, if it isn’t wonderful enough with all the work you’ve had done to your bike, you get to spend time with Dave and Raging Cajun. That’s simply fantastic on top of wonderful!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. IM12STPN

Besides meeting and riding with him, he's suggested BLIND TIGER Cajun Restaurant :dance:
    Seriously, he's been a great person to deal with not only for his exhaust, but talking about motorcycles in general. He's also done great deals for friends of mine. His HONESTY and workmanship are second to none, can't wait to meet him and buy dinner for a FRIEND:icon_thumleft:. BONUS: says has some great roads to take us on:devil3:

PS Rides a HD now BUT that's NOT relevant:biggrin:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Chattanooga_Mark

Where did he settle on the adjustment and are they the same for the right and left muffler?

7. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    Moving the lollipop baffle closest to the end of the muffler will give you the best rpm climb. The adjustments are fun to play with and you can even make larger baffles to experiment with. I wound up leaving exactly what Dave made and have the baffles farthest to the back of the pipe for the best performance. You can also turn the lollipop baffle sideways to by pass it completely. Giving you the classic DDT muffler non adjustable sound.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. IM12STPN

@Chattanooga_Mark I'll let you know when DAVE sees...with my lower back feeling good right now, I don't want to flare it up before trip:cool018:(buddy that's going on trip to, did my oil change..AT HIS insistence :icon_thumleft:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Smokier104

Smokier104 Active Member

'14 Cross County Tour
    Mine are set like @Chattanooga_Mark , I have slight angle on mine. The sound is very nice on the bike and from behind the bike.

Ride.safe,
    Smokier

• Like Like x 3
  10. Chattanooga_Mark

I don’t have a set of adjustable DDT’s yet but I’m anxious to compare them to the Raging Cajun Medium Low & Throaty I currently have on my CCT. I love the idea Dave came up with on these and I’m sure his execution is spot on.
    I’m ‘guessing’ that since the amount of air coming out of each muffler is different, they ‘may’ each need a slightly different adjustment.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Smokier104

Smokier104 Active Member

'14 Cross County Tour
    Apologies, I mis-referenced @Chattanooga_Mark for @slickvic 's post . Great thought, I may need to tweak the left pipe a bit to compensate for the air flow diff.

Ride safe,
    Smokier

12. Chattanooga_Mark

Tonight I swapped my Raging Cajun Medium Low & Throaty for the Raging Cajun DDT’s I recently bought from @slickvic. The right one went on without issue. The left one was a bear to get seated far enough to bolt up. I ended up using a 1” wide sanding belt to cleanup the crossover end as well as inside the left muffler. It was still a chore to get seated all the way as I still had to use a rubber mallet to get it seated far enough on the crossover pipe to get it bolted up. Then I had to use a strap wrench to rotate it level for the mounting bolts. All the time thinking: if I don’t like these mufflers, I don’t think they’re coming off without a cutting wheel.

Once that installation was complete I was able to sneak out for a quick 30 mile ride. It was midnight and the roads were wet so I had to keep that in mind. I was mostly successful in doing so.

I contacted @crosscountryla and he suggested I set the adjustment baffle to 8” from the end of the pipe. @slickvic had them where he thought they worked best which was 7.25”. I left them at that adjustment thinking .75” isn’t that much so, why not try therm as purchased.

I’ve been very pleased with the Medium Low & Throaty mufflers for the last 45K miles. They still sound excellent to me. Never tiring at steady highway riding and with a nice bark when you’re getting on it.

The DDT’s, on this initial ride, sounded lower and throatier but still at a steady 3000 rpm at 60mph in 4th, 70mph in 5th or 80mph in 6th, they easily let me use the bikes speakers or my helmet Sena system. Accelerating past 4000rpm and 5000rpm on the on-ramp to the interstate let these pipes sing a bit. What a lovely tune they play!

Simply stated: I love the sound. These mufflers are another Gland Slam Home Run for the Victory exhaust master, @crosscountryla.

I may or may not use the baffle adjustment to experiment as I don’t like laying on the garage floor. But I am curious to see what difference it makes and what the range is of the adjustment.

Thank you @slickvic and thank you @crosscountryla.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    I found the same getting that muffler on and off. WD 40 was my friend oh and my son with his Vulcan death grip. An extra pair of hands helps.

• Like Like x 1
  14. crosscountryla

2014 cross country tour
    I use the end of a large ball-peen hammer and bang against the splits on the insides of both mufflers. This widens the opening of both muffler inlets whenever you push the mufflers onto the head pipe and cross-over pipe. If you don't do this it's a real pain to get each muffler installed onto the headpipe and cross-over pipe I've found out.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. crosscountryla

2014 cross country tour

Thanks for the very positive write-up about your DDT, double deep thumper mufflers. :biggrin::headbang:

• Like Like x 2