VOG Forum banner
341 - 360 of 362 Posts

· Registered
333 Posts
It’s the same for a piggyback. Would need to retune after each change in setup. I took the longer route on mine and got filter, exhaust & piggyback first, then had it tuned. Added cams about 18 months later and retuned. About $250 more expensive that way due to the 2nd round of tuning, but easier to manage money wise as I took that 18 months to save up for the cams & install.
I did pipes and air filter and just loaded a stage 1 map for the Maximus. I am good to go until I go for cams. Will get a custom tune then.

· Registered
6,631 Posts
@crosscountryla, is your best sounding baffle system able to fit into the Cobra Tri Ovals? I still have a NOS set of all chrome Tri Ovals I'd like to do something with. Your post above was, for me, educational. I didn't know the deeper the sound goes the lower the horsepower goes. Like many others, I want the highest/flattest torque curve possible combined with the highest horsepower and the deepest bass available.

I rode with the Cobra Tri Ovals for over 40K miles, then I went with your Medium Low & Throaty for another 30k+ miles. I've had your Adjustable DDT mufflers for the last 24K miles. IMHO, the sound went from good with the Tri Ovals, to much better with the Medium Low & Throaty to Loving It with your Adjustable DDT mufflers.

· Registered
9,581 Posts
My non-adjustable and adjustable DDT mufflers baffle is based on dyno results.
@crosscountryla, is your best sounding baffle system able to fit into the Cobra Tri Ovals? I still have a NOS set of all chrome Tri Ovals I'd like to do something with. Your post above was, for me, educational. I didn't know the deeper the sound goes the lower the horsepower goes. Like many others, I want the highest/flattest torque curve possible combined with the highest horsepower and the deepest bass available.

I rode with the Cobra Tri Ovals for over 40K miles, then I went with your Medium Low & Throaty for another 30k+ miles. I've had your Adjustable DDT mufflers for the last 24K miles. IMHO, the sound went from good with the Tri Ovals, to much better with the Medium Low & Throaty to Loving It with your Adjustable DDT mufflers.
I would not install the baffle that I use in my non-adjustable and adjustable DDT mufflers in a set of Tri-Oval mufflers. The front end and back end of the Tri-Oval mufflers are totally different from the stock Cross Country mufflers. Using the same baffle that I install in my adjustable DDT mufflers would be a guess as to how the exhaust would sound and also what the torque and hp curve would look like.

· Registered
4,608 Posts
@crosscountryla I have a set of chrome stock xc mufflers I just keep moving from one storage rack to the next. Any chance you'd want them?

· Registered
4,608 Posts
You know it's just the heat shields that are chrome. The insides are all the same.

• Agree
Reactions: normthenomad

· Premium Member
43 Posts
Sorry, the welds broke loose on one megaphone cone. I have been flooded with lots of guys wanting me to rework their set of Cross Country and Vision mufflers. I was welding the thinner metal on the muffler shells and when the phone rang and I went into my house to cool off and take the phone call. I know now that I forgot to turn up the heat setting on my MIG welder to weld the thicker metal on your megaphone cones on the ends of each muffler. Based on the exhaust sound that you told me that you wanted to hear that's why I made you a set of DDT adjustable mufflers and set the baffle in that position. If you want higher horsepower that means you need a really free-flowing set of mufflers and that makes the exhaust sound much louder than the mufflers that I reworked for you. Exhaust sound and HP are a trade-off. You can't have high HP and low exhaust tone too. It's great to get compliments on the exhaust sound, isn't it?
Yes it is!

· Registered
9,581 Posts
After long conversations with crosscountryla over a couple of months, I finally pulled the trigger and got the DDT mod to my exhaust, just a heads up to others, it cost me apx $60 each way to ship the pair with FedEx. the turn around time was quick, even with having to wait a couple of days for him to paint as the weather was too wet at the time, got the box back, and opened everything up, the saddlebag pads were missing and one pipe had the exhaust cone broke off, called and he sent me the pads right away (honest mistake, no problem), and I had my son reweld the exhaust cone back on, so all good there. After a little tappy tap getting them on and clamped down, I was off to the races!! I had a 1K ride with my MC and the guys who said I sounded like the Jetsons before were quite surprised when I pulled in for the ride! The volume was good for me and the sound was dialed in nearly perfect for the event, but the wife wore her earphones for the ride, (too loud for her) so I will be testing the adjustable part of the pipes soon. A couple of other guys at the event have Vics as well and they were impressed with the sound and tone as well. I have stock everything, so just a note to others, I lost a bit of the high end HP with these pipes, I now understand better why a tune is necessary, so for my next trick, LLoyds air filter and a tuner, just not sure which direction or brand yet. Thanks for the upgrade crosscountryla!
What makes you think you lost HP? Just because one exhaust system revs out faster than another exhaust system does not mean the faster revving exhaust system puts out more HP. The Vance and Hines mufflers rev out really fast but lose a torque below 3,500 RPM.

Dave

[email protected]

· Premium Member
415 Posts
Greetings @rustybones49801,

As others have stated, the least expensive way is one tune session. Buy the new parts, and shelve them until you can do the Maximus tune. Do it all at once.

Just my .02

Ride safe,
Smokier

· Registered
1 Posts
I reached out to David at Ragin Cajun for a better-performing exhaust. I was running Freedom True Duals until my dyno guy said he did not like that exhaust because they never make good power, and he was right I was disappointed with my numbers 110HP/117 Torque, I should be closer to 120/120 with what I have done to it. When I asked David about the performance of his exhaust, he sent me a breakdown of numbers to show how his stacked up against the others, and I was impressed especially since his exhaust was by far the cheapest. When I ordered them, he sent them out the next day which is great customer service if you ask me because I am still waiting on other parts I ordered from other companies over 90 days ago. When I finally got them on the sound was amazing, it reminded me of my old hotrod that had a built-up small black. I cannot tell you the numbers yet because I had to cancel my 2nd dyno because of hurricane Ian, but it just feels so much more powerful, thank you, David.

· Registered
9,581 Posts
I reached out to David at Ragin Cajun for a better-performing exhaust. I was running Freedom True Duals until my dyno guy said he did not like that exhaust because they never make good power, and he was right I was disappointed with my numbers 110HP/117 Torque, I should be closer to 120/120 with what I have done to it. When I asked David about the performance of his exhaust, he sent me a breakdown of numbers to show how his stacked up against the others, and I was impressed especially since his exhaust was by far the cheapest. When I ordered them, he sent them out the next day which is great customer service if you ask me because I am still waiting on other parts I ordered from other companies over 90 days ago. When I finally got them on the sound was amazing, it reminded me of my old hotrod that had a built-up small black. I cannot tell you the numbers yet because I had to cancel my 2nd dyno because of hurricane Ian, but it just feels so much more powerful, thank you, David.
colletteandjoe. Thank you for your positive forum post. (y) I'm very happy that you like the exhaust sound after asking you lots of detailed questions.:)

Whenever I have a potential Raging Cajun muffler customer I ask these questions to help me zero in on the exhaust sound and engine performance.

1. How he rides most often.
2., What engine RPMS that he usually upshifts at?
3. What highway speed that he cruising at most often.
4. What is more important to him. Exhaust sound or maximum engine performance?
5. Does he ride with a passenger?

· Registered
4,416 Posts
People say you can’t have your cake and eat it too ( great sound & power ) but they obviously have never met Dave and had his RC exhaust

· Premium Member
14,431 Posts
People say you can’t have your cake and eat it too ( great sound & power ) but they obviously have never met Dave and had his RC exhaust
@Bikesofbrads ...when I took my CCT that I had bought, used/stock, to Duane at HOFFER PERFORMANCE, he put in some of the Lloyd's goodies and others, cams, air filter, Techno Research Ecu, UD Pulley etc. I also had Dave...RAGIN CAJUN...send him "Adjustable" DDT'S. (same as I had on my 8-Ball, but not adjustable.) Once done and on DYNO, he was REALLY impressed with the exhaust, especially the adjustable ability Dave added. Said he had fun "playing" with the different responses. He set them at what he came up with in not only HP/TQ, but SOUND, he...and I love it. And so do many I've ridden with. Just this last trip, a guy I was riding with, after got gas and fired up said "WOW, what exhaust do you have, sounds GREAT....and that from a HD rider with many mods done on his bike, BB, cams, ECU, exhaust etc.
I was going to text Dave about his comment, but figured on here was better :headbang:(right DAVE(y))

· Registered
9,581 Posts
@Bikesofbrads ...when I took the CCT that I had bought, used/stock, to Duane at HOFFER PERFORMANCE, he put in some of Lloyd's goodies and others, cams, air filter, Techno Research Ecu, UD Pulley, etc. I also had Dave...RAGIN CAJUN...send him "Adjustable" DDT'S. (same as I had on my 8-Ball, but not adjustable.) Once done and on DYNO, he was REALLY impressed with the exhaust, especially the adjustable ability Dave added. Said he had fun "playing" with the different responses. He set them at what he came up with in not only HP/TQ, but SOUND, he...and I love it. And so do many I've ridden with. Just this last trip, a guy I was riding with, after got gas and fired up said "WOW, what exhaust do you have, sounds GREAT....and that from an HD rider with many mods done on his bike, BB, cams, ECU, exhaust, etc.
I was going to text Dave about his comment, but figured on here was better :headbang:(right DAVE(y))
The Adjustable DDT mufflers that I made for you Cross Country were a ' One-Off' set. This is why the idle on your Cross Country and the cams that you have in your 106 engine have a good lope at idle. I used two different shaped megaphone ends tips to give your exhaust an idle lope like a Harley.

· Registered
9,581 Posts
What cams make them a ‘one off’ set of mufflers?
I think IM12STPN has the Lloyds 501 cams. The combination of the 501 cams, the two different shaped megaphones in his Adjustable DDT mufflers, plus the idle set at 950 RPMs is why the idle on his Cross Country has a pronounced idle lope.

· Registered
9,581 Posts
I've tried 18 different baffle designs and installed them inside of Cross Country mufflers to produce different exhaust sounds, plus installed all of the aftermarket and reworked mufflers for the Cross Country bikes too. Until I made the ' one off' set of Adjustable DDT mufflers for IM12STPM to install on his Cross Country, and I've never heard any Victory bike that had an idle lope like IM12STPN Cross Country. His Cross Country has an idle sound like a Harley M8 engine with cams.

· Registered
4,416 Posts
And now they say Deans head grew two times this day, I’m even more excited to hear it meow

· Registered
2013 cross country antifreeze green ,flames
10 Posts
I bought my ‘13 CC a few years ago , and it came with Vance & Hines slip ons . The sound was loud , and the hi-way drone was very loud . I thought the power was o.k . I decided to make a change and there isn’t many choices nowadays . I ordered a set of Raging Cajun adjustable DDT mufflers from Dave , and he shipped them the same day , and I received them two days later . Wow , the seat of the pants power is amazing ! From clutch let off all the way up to , and through 6th gear , the torque is amazing ! Especially the roll on throttle @ 2500 - 3000 rpm . Yahoo ! I didn’t know my bike could run like this . By the way , the drone is not noticeable anymore .

· Registered
3,560 Posts
I bought my ‘13 CC a few years ago , and it came with Vance & Hines slip ons . The sound was loud , and the hi-way drone was very loud . I thought the power was o.k . I decided to make a change and there isn’t many choices nowadays . I ordered a set of Raging Cajun adjustable DDT mufflers from Dave , and he shipped them the same day , and I received them two days later . Wow , the seat of the pants power is amazing ! From clutch let off all the way up to , and through 6th gear , the torque is amazing ! Especially the roll on throttle @ 2500 - 3000 rpm . Yahoo ! I didn’t know my bike could run like this . By the way , the drone is not noticeable anymore .
Yup…that’s what Dave does. Delivers for his customers. He’s great and his product is amazing.

341 - 360 of 362 Posts