RAGIN CAJUN EXHAUST | Page 18 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

RAGIN CAJUN EXHAUST

Discussion in 'Victory General Discussion' started by PrettyRicky218, Mar 29, 2017.

1. md2420

md2420 Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2014 Vision
    @crosscountryla - here’s his handle. You can send him a PM or he will see this and ping you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    You can PM him right here. He responds. Just click on his name and send a message.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. crosscountryla

crosscountryla Well-Known Member

2014 cross country tour

Got many positive comments about the adjustable DDT mufflers that I made for your Cross Country?

4. slickvic

slickvic Well-Known Member

2011 Cross Country
    All positive. I let my buddy Jeffrey ride the bike the other night and he absolutely loved the sound. Thanks again

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. crosscountryla

2014 cross country tour
    You're welcome, brother.

:biggrin:

Last edited: May 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Davisguard

Davisguard Active Member

2014 Vic XCT
    send a PM to crosscountryla off of this page, above a few posts.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. ETrider

ETrider Well-Known Member

2021 Indian Challenger Dark Horse
    So, I need to change my avatar, I see.

Anyway, I purchased a 2021 Challenger, made by Victory...er, I mean, Indian (wink, wink), and had them put on the Indian Stage One (complete package). Well, it was way too quiet. I then had the Tab 2-1-2 cat delete installed. Better, but still too quiet. I don't like obnoxiously loud bikes, but I do want to hear the exhaust at idle on a cold start.

Well, I'm not too far from @crosscountryla , so I took him my mufflers. After a few trips back and forth to try them out and ensure my satisfaction, I'm back in bidness!

He listened to what I wanted and made the adjustments needed to get the results. I wanted low and throaty. Got it. I did not want too loud and raspy or tinny. Avoided it. He's focused on customer satisfaction and is passionate about maintaining his good reputation.

The bike sounds amazing (my opinion) under load. It went from about a 5 out of 10, to about a 9 out of ten, sound-quality wise. It still winds out good, and I have no issue hearing my radio, even at highway speeds. I was afraid that getting the exhaust volume up would make it unbearable at full acceleration. Not the case. Just sounds good. Louder, but good.

Anyway, I'm talking too much. @crosscountryla , you done good on your first Indian mufflers. Keep up the good work, and thanks, brother!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. crosscountryla

2014 cross country tour

After you told me what kind of exhaust sound that you wanted to hear, I'm really glad that you like the sound of your ' EXTRA DEEP, WRAPPED, THROATY ' mufflers that I made up for your Indian Challenger. I'm now really looking forward to taking some rides with you and hear how they sound when you wind out the gears. :biggrin:

Last edited: May 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Smokier104

Smokier104 Active Member

'14 Cross County Tour
    Greetings,

Just received and installed my DDT's from @crosscountryla ! Once again, he hit the mark! (I am a return customer, he had done the Deep Throaty Wrapped on my Vision which I loved.).
    The DDT's have an adjustable baffle, (man is a wizard) to adjust VOLUME ~ TORQUE. Anyway, much nicer deeper note when she first starts and idles. The sound increases nicely and stays deep during normal acceleration/riding. They can bark if you get on the throttle. This test is not yet complete, as will be getting @NOEMTZ to do a Remote Tune very soon. Then the XCT should run and sound as awesome as she looks.
    @crosscountryla knows exhausts, and works very hard to deliver the sound/tone/note you are looking for. For me, he did it again.
    Thank you!

Ride safe,
    smokier

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. crosscountryla

2014 cross country tour
    Thanks so much for this positive review. :clap:I'm so glad that you like the exhaust sound of the ' touring ' DDT mufflers that I made up for you with the adjustable baffle. :biggrin: When you install a Lloyds air filter and a really good fuel tune, the exhaust will sound deeper and louder at idle and also at all cruising speeds. Because you now have an adjustable baffle you can then tone down the deepness and loudness of the exhaust if the fuel tune and Lloyd's air filter make the exhaust too deep and loud for your ears.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. crosscountryla

2014 cross country tour
    When I made up my first set of DDT mufflers my goal was to produce a deeper exhaust sound at idle, and with a nice throaty rumble at all cruising speeds but was not over the top deep and loud. Because I know that exhaust sounds are so subjective this is why I use lots of different baffle designs to produce different exhaust sounds. What sounds deep and loud to one person might not sound as deep and loud to another person. Some people like loud and raspy ( unwrapped baffle ) and some people like a low moderate deep exhaust sound that has a wrapped baffle. One day I had an idea about making a set of Raging Cajun mufflers with an adjustable baffle. After thinking about lots of different ways to do this and to not make the cost of buying a set of my Raging Cajun muffler cost prohibitive I finally arrived at an adjustable baffle design that I now use in my DDT touring mufflers and my non-adjustable touring DDT mufflers. On my deepest DDT mufflers, I don't use an adjustable baffle. This is because of the shape of the baffle design. When making up a set of mufflers that sound good and also perform well, there are lots of different variables to consider. Baffle shape, baffle diameter, baffle length, louvered baffle or non-louvered baffle and baffle placement inside of the muffler shell.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Smokier104

Smokier104 Active Member

'14 Cross County Tour
    Just a follow up on the new to me DDT's. On the first couple of rides, the volume was just a touch louder than I would have liked. I reached out to @crosscountryla via PM. He immediately picked up his phone and called me. We discussed my impression that they were "7's" on a scale of 1 to 10. And that if they could be "5's", that would be awesome. @crosscountryla talked me through adjusting the baffles. Explaining the effects (torque, volume, engine RPM, etc.) of moving the baffle forward, rearward, turning the baffle at an angle. I am VERY HAPPY to report, that after a few tweaks, the sound is where I want it.
    The point is, he took the time to call, explain and help me adjust the DDT's to my liking. Now *THAT* is customer service!:dankk2:

Happy camper, time to ride!:huepfenicon111:

Ride safe,
    Smokier

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. crosscountryla

2014 cross country tour
    Smokier104

I'm very glad that I could be of assistance to help you get just the right exhaust sound. :biggrin: Thank you for your positive forum post too. :clap:

14. Davisguard

Davisguard Active Member

2014 Vic XCT
    I went on my first group ride since installing the DDT's to my XCT this past Saturday. We did 275 miles with 13 bikes total. After running through some backroad twisties, about 30 miles, we stopped at a nice rest area to hydrate (about 80 degrees by then). The rider behind me, on a nice HD Street Glide, asked what pipes I had on the bike. She said that my bike was louder than other Vics that she has ridden with. I bragged about the Raggin Cajun exhaust. She said that had a nice sound, I smiled just a little bit.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. Swift-E

Swift-E New Member

Vegas & XCT
    Wayyyyyy late on this, apologies Dave.

Anywho, picked up a set from Dave several months back, great sounding pipes. Have yet to play with the sound adjustment, but I will be. Thanks again Dave!