VOG Forum banner
321 - 340 of 349 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just wanted to chime in that I got a set of pipes from Dave. I just tonight installed them on my XCT. Man, the sound that he dialed in for me is exactly what I was looking for. A nice low rumble while cruising, with an attention-grabbing growl when you twist the throttle and want to be noticed! I am totally pleased with the outcome! And at a totally affordable price point.

Thanks Dave!

·
Registered
1 Posts
A month ago I picked up a 14 XCT. A week later my exhaust was boxed up and headed to Dave's house. Put a few hundred miles on them in the last couple weeks and couldn't be happier. Nice low rumble at idle, gentle rumble while cruising and quick to get angry when you give it a good twist. I haven't played with the adjustable baffle yet but having the ability to self tune my exhaust is a win in my book. Great service, quick turn around time, awesome sound and all at a great price! Thanks Dave!

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
I just wanted to chime in that I got a set of pipes from Dave. I just tonight installed them on my XCT. Man, the sound that he dialed in for me is exactly what I was looking for. A nice low rumble while cruising, with an attention-grabbing growl when you twist the throttle and want to be noticed! I am totally pleased with the outcome! And at a totally affordable price point.

Thanks Dave!
You're welcome, bro. Based on what you messaged me, I'm glad you like the exhaust sound that I set your baffles at. :biggrin:

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
A month ago I picked up a 14 XCT. A week later my exhaust was boxed up and headed to Dave's house. Put a few hundred miles on them in the last couple weeks and couldn't be happier. Nice low rumble at idle, gentle rumble while cruising and quick to get angry when you give it a good twist. I haven't played with the adjustable baffle yet but having the ability to self tune my exhaust is a win in my book. Great service, quick turn around time, awesome sound and all at a great price! Thanks Dave!
Thanks for this positive post. Glad you love the exhaust sound. :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,469 Posts
I have Dave's Ragin Cajun Adjustable DDT's on my CCT. They sound wonderful. I just returned after a few days of riding in and all around Maggie Valley, NC. For some of the trip I rode behind a friend on his 116" The Vic Shop tuned Indian Chieftain. He said he can hear my exhaust better than his own. And that he loved the sound! I told him all about Dave and Ragin Cajun.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
I have Dave's Ragin Cajun Adjustable DDT's on my CCT. They sound wonderful. I just returned after a few days of riding in and all around Maggie Valley, NC. For some of the trip I rode behind a friend on his 116" The Vic Shop tuned Indian Chieftain. He said he can hear my exhaust better than his own. And that he loved the sound! I told him all about Dave and Ragin Cajun.
Thanks for promoting my Raging Cajun mufflers, Mark. :clap:

·
Registered
6,469 Posts
Everytime I start my CCT with the Ragin Cajun DDT and at every rpm and load condition, they sound AWESOME !!!

Thank you @crosscountryla

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
After long conversations with crosscountryla over a couple of months, I finally pulled the trigger and got the DDT mod to my exhaust, just a heads up to others, it cost me apx $60 each way to ship the pair with FedEx. the turn around time was quick, even with having to wait a couple of days for him to paint as the weather was too wet at the time, got the box back, and opened everything up, the saddlebag pads were missing and one pipe had the exhaust cone broke off, called and he sent me the pads right away (honest mistake, no problem), and I had my son reweld the exhaust cone back on, so all good there. After a little tappy tap getting them on and clamped down, I was off to the races!! I had a 1K ride with my MC and the guys who said I sounded like the Jetsons before were quite surprised when I pulled in for the ride! The volume was good for me and the sound was dialed in nearly perfect for the event, but the wife wore her earphones for the ride, (too loud for her) so I will be testing the adjustable part of the pipes soon. A couple of other guys at the event have Vics as well and they were impressed with the sound and tone as well. I have stock everything, so just a note to others, I lost a bit of the high end HP with these pipes, I now understand better why a tune is necessary, so for my next trick, LLoyds air filter and a tuner, just not sure which direction or brand yet. Thanks for the upgrade crosscountryla!

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
After long conversations with crosscountryla over a couple of months, I finally pulled the trigger and got the DDT mod to my exhaust, just a heads up to others, it cost me apx $60 each way to ship the pair with FedEx. the turn around time was quick, even with having to wait a couple of days for him to paint as the weather was too wet at the time, got the box back, and opened everything up, the saddlebag pads were missing and one pipe had the exhaust cone broke off, called and he sent me the pads right away (honest mistake, no problem), and I had my son reweld the exhaust cone back on, so all good there. After a little tappy tap getting them on and clamped down, I was off to the races!! I had a 1K ride with my MC and the guys who said I sounded like the Jetsons before were quite surprised when I pulled in for the ride! The volume was good for me and the sound was dialed in nearly perfect for the event, but the wife wore her earphones for the ride, (too loud for her) so I will be testing the adjustable part of the pipes soon. A couple of other guys at the event have Vics as well and they were impressed with the sound and tone as well. I have stock everything, so just a note to others, I lost a bit of the high end HP with these pipes, I now understand better why a tune is necessary, so for my next trick, LLoyds air filter and a tuner, just not sure which direction or brand yet. Thanks for the upgrade crosscountryla!
Dave is definitely the man!

for a tune, your best bet is going to be Maximus with remote tuning by @NOEMTZ

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Yeah, if you go piggy back tuner, that should work. If you are thinking Maximus, that needs to be after all the other installs. Other wise, you're paying twice to tune.
It’s the same for a piggyback. Would need to retune after each change in setup. I took the longer route on mine and got filter, exhaust & piggyback first, then had it tuned. Added cams about 18 months later and retuned. About $250 more expensive that way due to the 2nd round of tuning, but easier to manage money wise as I took that 18 months to save up for the cams & install.

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
I can see that and it makes sense. Trouble with me is I HATE to cover the same ground twice. Especially if (more) money is involved. Cheap and stubborn. I just dealt with my stage one tune and added the timing wheel until I could pull the trigger on the whole bundle. It did help that Noe was only 12 miles away.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Sorry, the welds broke loose on one megaphone cone. I have been flooded with lots of guys wanting me to rework their set of Cross Country and Vision mufflers. I was welding the thinner metal on the muffler shells and when the phone rang and I went into my house to cool off and take the phone call. I know now that I forgot to turn up the heat setting on my MIG welder to weld the thicker metal on your megaphone cones on the ends of each muffler. Based on the exhaust sound that you told me that you wanted to hear that's why I made you a set of DDT adjustable mufflers and set the baffle in that position. If you want higher horsepower that means you need a really free-flowing set of mufflers and that makes the exhaust sound much louder than the mufflers that I reworked for you. Exhaust sound and HP are a trade-off. You can't have high HP and low exhaust tone too. It's great to get compliments on the exhaust sound, isn't it?

321 - 340 of 349 Posts