VOG Forum banner
301 - 320 of 349 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just got done riding my 16 XCT with some adjustable DDT mufflers from @crosscountryla . Pretty much perfect for what I requested. My main request was no drone at all, which he nailed. After that I just wanted something that had some muscle to it but mellower than full on loud pipes, as my wife and I like to listen to music and talk when we ride. It's got an old school throatiness v8 muscle sound to it, and barks when you lay into it, nice grumble on decel with no popping. I actually wouldn't mind it a hair louder, and I have that option given it's adjustability. My wife says it's perfect. I'm a happy customer. Thanks Dave!

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Just got done riding my 16 XCT with some adjustable DDT mufflers from @crosscountryla . Pretty much perfect for what I requested. My main request was no drone at all, which he nailed. After that I just wanted something that had some muscle to it but mellower than full on loud pipes, as my wife and I like to listen to music and talk when we ride. It's got an old school throatiness v8 muscle sound to it, and barks when you lay into it, nice grumble on decel with no popping. I actually wouldn't mind it a hair louder, and I have that option given it's adjustability. My wife says it's perfect. I'm a happy customer. Thanks Dave!
Thanks for this positive forum post.:biggrin: Based on the exhaust sound that you told me that you wanted to hear, I set the baffle in a position that gives you a nice mellow throaty exhaust sound that won't become tiresome to listen to for long rides.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Glad you're up and running.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Do you know, are they still available? I have a XC also. No tour but true dual exhaust.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Hmmm. I have a set of perfectly good oem Cross bike mufflers as well as a brand new set of Tri Ovals. Maybe it's time to see what additional magic @crosscountryla can come up with.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
I have a set of stock mufflers with a couple thousand miles on them before I put the stage 1 Tri-Ovals setup on. I would be interested in knowing what it might run me for your modification on them or my Tri-Ovals.
I sent you a private message about my DDT mufflers. Because of the shape of the Tri-Oval muffler's and the baffle design, there is not much you can do to change the exhaust sound.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
I sent you a private message about my DDT mufflers. Because of the shape of the Tri-Oval muffler's and the baffle design, there is not much you can do to change the exhaust sound.
@crosscountryla I have a set of like new (<10 miles) 2017 Indian Roadmaster pipes. The PO sent them along when my riding buddy bought the RoadMaster. Would you like them for inventory/stock? They are just sitting here.
PM me if interested...

Ride safe,
Smokier

• Winner
Reactions: Chattanooga_Mark

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
@crosscountryla I have a set of like new (<10 miles) 2017 Indian Roadmaster pipes. The PO sent them along when my riding buddy bought the RoadMaster. Would you like them for inventory/stock? They are just sitting here.
PM me if interested...

Ride safe,
Smokier
I have not had anyone with a big twin Indian want me to rework their mufflers and I only rework all-black muffler shells. Thanks for the offer bro.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought a Vision with Big Honkers, way to loud for my liking on a touring machine. I needed something that my wife and I could talk over. Sent a pair of stock mufflers for rework to David at @crosscountryla. Now have a low rumble on the highway with a sound level of about 2 for loudness and if I open it up it's about a 7. I can cruise all day with that. Thank you

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Rocky Ryan

Thanks for the positive forum post. After messaging you about the kind of exhaust sound that you wanted to hear for you and your wife for loudness and also on the highway, I'm glad that I got the right exhaust sound for you and your wife. With a happy wife, you'll have a happy life. :biggrin:

Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just got the mufflers on today from dave at ragin cajin he put mine together with a adjustable baffle you can move back and forth about 1.5 inches havent played with that to much rode it bout 35 miles seems to be just what i was looking for nice deep rumble at idle you get on it shifting bout 3500 to 4500 rpm sounds awsome at cruising speed 75 to 80 nice purr service was outstanding he received them on a monday he was shipping them back tuesday should of did it 40000 miles ago love my vision even more now thanks dave

301 - 320 of 349 Posts