VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Grouchy Old Member
7,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever try the tail light mod posted by Radioteacher as a video, where he cuts the "G" & "H" wires on the tail light harness under the seat?

I liked the effect that all the brake lights stay lit while the turn signal is on, but am always leery of playing with the electrical design. I'd hate to over-amp a switch or relay.

Keith

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
There are a lot of guys that have done this including me. Works great and no issues. Cut Away!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yep! I did it on my 09 Vision.
I did not cut the wires I juts pulled the wire connectors out of the back side of the plug.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
08 here, one of the first mods I did. then get the tour pack mod that turns the upper lights into functioning turn and brake lights as well !

·
Registered
172 Posts

I am very happy that this mod is working well for you guys and gals.
I did not come up with the mod but I wanted to make the Video so others could benifit from the safetyof the added brake lights when turning.
Plus it is a nice video for seat removal.
Ride Safe

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
keithgrey said:
Anybody ever try the tail light mod posted by Radioteacher as a video, where he cuts the "G" & "H" wires on the tail light harness under the seat.

Keith
Where is this video? I'd like to see what it looks like.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Works great . . . . snip snip!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Great video. I'm not a "pilot" yet but I don't doubt someday I'll get there. I'm stickn with my Hammer for now but this is great to know when I decide to make the switch. Thanks.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Clubford00 said:
then get the tour pack mod that turns the upper lights into functioning turn and brake lights as well !
Is there any information on where/how to get this mod for the upper tour pack?!?!? Is this a purchased module or some wire jumpering? I'm about to pull the trigger on an new 09 VV (I want a red one) and would love to make the trunk lights functional.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Many of us have done this for the tour pack stop lighting:

http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=4824&posts=1&start=1

Simple install, lights up the back of your bike like the Vegas strip and maintains total stock look when off.

·
Registered
156 Posts
You can do the Kuryakyn tourpack mod AND add LED's to help LIGHT up the tourpack lights...I did both Kuryakyn mod and added LED's, now EVERYBODY says they can see what I am doing when I hit the brakes or blinkers from a long way off!! Great mod!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
joeschmoe said:
You can do the Kuryakyn tourpack mod AND add LED's to help LIGHT up the tourpack lights...I did both Kuryakyn mod and added LED's, now EVERYBODY says they can see what I am doing when I hit the brakes or blinkers from a long way off!! Great mod!!
Like to see a video of both . . . I may need to add the Kuryakyn as well.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Here are some links for the mod from Vision-Riders.com

http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=2417

http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=5035

http://www.vision-riders.com/bb/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=4500

A note from joe schmoe on Vision-riders.com........................

For those who haven't done this mod it is WELL WORTH the 3 hours to do....However, a NOTE for '09 bikes:

While doing the mod based on Firehawks GREAT pdf file. I found one hiccup (I guess only for the '09 models) when splicing the green/pink wire UNDER the seat DO NOT CUT THE WIRE use a tap splice and just use it to feed power to the 4710 module.

Then trace the wire bundle up to an area right before it goes up into the tour pack and find the green/pink wire, here is where you CUT IT and place a scotch lock (spade connector) on the wire going UP TO THE TOUR PACK and tape the wire going back towards the main wire harness so it won't short to anything.

Other than that this is a GREAT mod and should make the rear of the motorcycle seen more readily when braking, turning or using the hazard lights.

Ride Safe

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.