VOG Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No sound, display fine. Just stop one day. There is one r/f amp on front speakers, no blue light. Polk speakers.
I'm grateful for all suggestions if anyone has knowledge of this problem.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried the mute, amp is only front the current from speakers turns on amp, rear speakers are directly from radio. I was hoping someone has seen this issue. Display is fine but no sound. Radio set to 88. 9 FM

·
Registered
865 Posts
I tried the mute, amp is only front the current from speakers turns on amp, rear speakers are directly from radio. I was hoping someone has seen this issue. Display is fine but no sound. Radio set to 88. 9 FM
On mine, if the kill switch is in off, the amp doesn't get power.

·
Super Moderator
26,119 Posts
The radio on the Vision is made by N Touch. If it comes down to it you can send it to them and they'll replace it for around $250. That said your bike may still be under warranty and the dealer can send it in for you.

I had the opposite happen with my screen going out but it still played music. My extended warranty covered sending it in and getting it replaced. My dealer was nice enough to let me keep the bike while it was out and then stop by to let them install it again when it returned. Took less than two weeks. It's a 15 minute job if you're slow.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The radio on the Vision is made by N Touch. If it comes down to it you can send it to them and they'll replace it for around $250. That said your bike may still be under warranty and the dealer can send it in for you.

I had the opposite happen with my screen going out but it still played music. My extended warranty covered sending it in and getting it replaced. My dealer was nice enough to let me keep the bike while it was out and then stop by to let them install it again when it returned. Took less than two weeks. It's a 15 minute job if you're slow.
Local motorcycle shop says 220+ 90 labor found one on eBay . I'll hope for the Best. P/N matched .

·
Super Moderator
26,119 Posts

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
@BigGirl if you go thru the radio menu you can check to if see the external speakers are set to off.

I believe you have to hold down the mode button to get into the radio menu. I believe that same button will let you toggle thru the options and the tune buttons adjust the parameters in the given setting.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@BigGirl if you go thru the radio menu you can check to if see the external speakers are set to off.

I believe you have to hold down the mode button to get into the radio menu. I believe that same button will let you toggle thru the options and the tune buttons adjust the parameters in the given setting.
This thread may give you more insight about it just so you know a bit more about it.

https://www.thevog.net/threads/p-n-for-09-vision-tour-radio.150141/#post-2979531

Do not be afraid of taking it out. Once you do it you'll see the $90 for labor is robbery.
I'm not afraid to take it apart I was just saying $90 is ridiculous but now I purchase a new radio and I plugged it up and I got nothing I took out the rear speakers put in the speakers and got Zero.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On mine, if the kill switch is in off, the amp doesn't get power.
I have Rockford Fosgate amp when the radio comes on the current from the speaker's activates the amp it's not power we not the rear has no amp and no sound. I'm 99. 9% sure that the speaker selector is on? I just received a new radio plugged it up no sound I attached the original speakers to the rear no sound

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
I'm not afraid to take it apart I was just saying $90 is ridiculous but now I purchase a new radio and I plugged it up and I got nothing I took out the rear speakers put in the speakers and got Zero.
I have Rockford Fosgate amp when the radio comes on the current from the speaker's activates the amp it's not power we not the rear has no amp and no sound. I'm 99. 9% sure that the speaker selector is on? I just received a new radio plugged it up no sound I attached the original speakers to the rear no sound
The only other thing I could think of is maybe your trunk came unplugged somehow. Check to see if the taillights on the trunk still work. Then again your front speakers aren't working either. Correct?

The new radio still could have the external speakers set to off. It's worth the look and I've confirmed holding down the mode button gets you in there and the mode button toggles thru the options and the + - tune buttons adjust each option.

Maybe the Vision ghost will send me an email with other solutions for you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The only other thing I could think of is maybe your trunk came unplugged somehow. Check to see if the taillights on the trunk still work. Then again your front speakers aren't working either. Correct?

The new radio still could have the external speakers set to off. It's worth the look and I've confirmed holding down the mode button gets you in there and the mode button toggles thru the options and the + - tune buttons adjust each option.

Maybe the Vision ghost will send me an email with other solutions for you.
I'ma check I hope the answer is out there somewhere. Your mouth to ghost ear , ear buds suck!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jwfuchs the ghost showed up sound back on ? Was it the crc? May there be a short? I don't care !
Now the parasitic drain. All Aftermarket accessories disconnected and I see what happensand I'll see what happens.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.