VOG Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
My rear rotor rattles like crazy. It's not from being too tight.

·
Registered
23,463 Posts
maybe this will help
For one thing they are called 'bobbins' or 'buttons'... don't know what a buttom is.
Another thing... if the rotors have become that loose they are most likely worn thinner than spec anyway.

Yes, there is a tool to tighten the bobbins, or you could do it some other way, but for me, I see it as an opportunity to upgrade to a lighter/better rotor, such as the Pro-Lite rotors from EBC.

Amazon.com: EBC Brakes MD678 Brake Rotor: Automotive

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
74k. Why keep the same rotors. Be safe. Brakes are great when they work. They are no doubt worn.

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
maybe this will help

Very informative. This should be at least a once a year maintenance ritual especially in a year round climate with humidity and salt air.
Thanks for the info VJ !

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
i have raddling roters and was wondering if there was a tool to tighten the bushings up so they don't raddle any more i have 74000 on my vision
These rotors are called FREE FLOATING rotors.
If they rattle, they've exceeded their life span.
Motorcyclist online, has an article sitin' what to look for in bad rotors (yes, dimension is an item to look for).
But, as others have stated, why repair faulty rotors.
Just replace 'em.

Also, I had a GL1500SE with bad rear bearings once. I: replaced the rear rotor 3 times, rebuilt the final drive once, replaced the final drive twice, 'til I found that the wheel bearings were the problem. I did all this work at the advice of a reputable Honda Technician.

If replacin' yer rotor then, look to EBC for solutions. My experience with the debacle mentioned was EBC makes some of the most economical brake solutions 'round. The rotor I finally used came from EBC, was SS, at a 1/3 of EOM's price. The rotor lasted the duration of my troubleshootin' and was sold with the bike.

Reactions: primethious
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.