VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so first thing i just purchased a 08 vision comfort so in the glove box i would like to add a power supply to charge numerous things there is a little round hole with a flip cap which im thinking is maybe a intercom system and there is also one in the trunk also does everyones vision rattle so much seems like everything rattles also is there anywhere to get a online owners manual

·
Super Moderator
26,128 Posts
The power plugs in an 08 is a Powerlet. They hold much better but not many things have the proper connection, unless you change them. You can simply get an adapter though.

Yes, they rattle. Just crank the stereo and test the throttle and it will go away.

·
Super Moderator
26,128 Posts
Unsolicited, and probably unwanted, but hey,,,,,
1. Add lower deflectors, good for cold, great for heat, let them sit for 12 hours before use & trust the 3M tape. Good Luck on the wait. Look around on eBay.
2. Don't trust your kickstand, check it twice. No switch or positive down position, but it is designed to retract if you touch it down while in motion
3. Trust your tip over (TO) points, IF YOU HAVE THEM, use them, instead of a foot or ankle to catch a falling vision. GET your feet up quick when you move from a stop, TOs run on ankle blood.
4. Place a foot on your floorboard and jiggle the bike while gassing up, and take your time. It takes a bit to fill both tanks.
5. Replace your horn or get loud pipes, this thing is fast and nimble, but cagers attack it for no reason. Jealous or hypnotized, who knows, but they steer right toward you.
6. Don't ever take off the trunk unless you are OK storing it forever. Rides almost like a different bike without it.
7. Stay off your front brakes below 5 mph, and pay attention in parking lots. The fuel tanks are forward and low: great for the twisties, but takes some getting used to.
8. If you remove the trunk or drop test the TOs you are honor bound to tell us. It makes those of us who have tested them more than once feel better ( so I hear).
9. If you take any of the above advice and it turns out badly, blame yourself, I am not to be trusted.
10. Make sure you lube any mechanical control points routinely, but do not oil cables, it tears up the interior Teflon
11. Once you have leaned that thing as far as you think is safe in a sweeper, keep going if you haven't heard the floorboards scrape. It's lean angle is just ridiculous for a 900+ lb bike
12. Practice using our Forum Search feature. It works wells, saves tons of repetition, and avoids snarky-smart-Alec answers like I sometimes offer.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey vicvision where is the fusebox located i was checking those little plugs in the glove box with my test light and arced it out poped the fuse i dont have a manual and dont know where the fuse box is

·
Super Moderator
26,128 Posts
hey vicvision where is the fusebox located i was checking those little plugs in the glove box with my test light and arced it out poped the fuse i dont have a manual and dont know where the fuse box is
Under the front metal trim piece in front of the windshield above the headlight.

·
Super Moderator
26,128 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Wonderful video thank you. I have seen the front blade removed once on the day I bought my vision in 2010. I have not adjusted my mirrors from day 1 because I did not want to risk damaging them. How stiff to move should they be?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have never moved mine either. The previous owner put convex mirrors on the stock mirrors for a better view. They work well, but I wish they were bigger.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Next question how do you remove the seat I checked YouTube but nothing I have a rip in the seat need to take it off to take to my upholstery guy

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Welcome aboard.

I have a USB and heated gear powerlet adapters. They work well.

The outlet in the glovebox is only hot with the key on. The one in the trunk is hot all the time.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Next question how do you remove the seat I checked YouTube but nothing I have a rip in the seat need to take it off to take to my upholstery guy
Open the glovebox and grab the corner of the body panel in front of the seat. Pull straight up, there's a grommet on both sides that hold it in place.

There are two 4mm Allen screws on the front of the seat under the panel . Pick the front up and slide forward. The heated seat plugs in the back.

·
Registered
140 Posts
You can also download the manual from the Polaris site.. Great bikes, so far, just mounted USB charging unit on my handle bars for the phone and used a cool stream blue tooth interface for the radio..

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
If you watch the trunk removal video on YouTube you'll get a full concept of the seat, heat, license plate, trunk removal. The Witchdoctor's video is not as thorough as the Andy, VOG, video. IMHO. Welcome new pilot. You're gonna love driving this ride. But where's the pics???

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Unsolicited, and probably unwanted, but hey,,,,,
1. Add lower deflectors, good for cold, great for heat, let them sit for 12 hours before use & trust the 3M tape. Good Luck on the wait. Look around on eBay.
2. Don't trust your kickstand, check it twice. No switch or positive down position, but it is designed to retract if you touch it down while in motion
3. Trust your tip over (TO) points, IF YOU HAVE THEM, use them, instead of a foot or ankle to catch a falling vision. GET your feet up quick when you move from a stop, TOs run on ankle blood.
4. Place a foot on your floorboard and jiggle the bike while gassing up, and take your time. It takes a bit to fill both tanks.
5. Replace your horn or get loud pipes, this thing is fast and nimble, but cagers attack it for no reason. Jealous or hypnotized, who knows, but they steer right toward you.
6. Don't ever take off the trunk unless you are OK storing it forever. Rides almost like a different bike without it.
7. Stay off your front brakes below 5 mph, and pay attention in parking lots. The fuel tanks are forward and low: great for the twisties, but takes some getting used to.
8. If you remove the trunk or drop test the TOs you are honor bound to tell us. It makes those of us who have tested them more than once feel better ( so I hear).
9. If you take any of the above advice and it turns out badly, blame yourself, I am not to be trusted.
10. Make sure you lube any mechanical control points routinely, but do not oil cables, it tears up the interior Teflon
11. Once you have leaned that thing as far as you think is safe in a sweeper, keep going if you haven't heard the floorboards scrape. It's lean angle is just ridiculous for a 900+ lb bike
12. Practice using our Forum Search feature. It works wells, saves tons of repetition, and avoids snarky-smart-Alec answers like I sometimes offer.
You're gonna hafta modify that post.....
Lowers are scarcer than hens teeth.....and the Search feature sucks!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.