VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to make sure it was instated right by the previous owner. I have read that i should have a oil cooler relocation kit/ an o2 sensor delete, maybe even a new tune? not 100% sure if i even have either one.
just wanted to know if there is anything specific i should look at? from the picture i see it does not seam like my oil cooler was moved or replaced.
Last, is there a way to tell what i have as far as stainless steal or the other material? or what generation of ground pounders i have. its been wrapped by the last owner and i wanted to make sure its going to be okay to keep it as is without rusting it out. any information would be appreciated. pic's after work if i can

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
my bad. i was eating lunch at work and did this as fast as i could. its a 2013 victory highball. looked again after work and it does not have the oil cooler modified, its the stock one. is it a must? ill spend the money to do it if i need to. also for some reason i cant post a picture. its telling me my file size is too large but its the same method ive always used for uploading them. maybe my new laptop somehow

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Newer GP's do not require the oil cooler to be relocated. If you had the ones that required a new cooler, you would know as they would not fit without it moved.

How long have you had the bike? Conquest Customs started offering them in stainless around late 2016 early 2017 if memory serves me right.

Are there any O2s sticking out of each pipe? If not check for the wires that have been plugged or taped up. The O2s could be bypassed by cutting one of the two wires on a 2013 mode.

What intake are you using and have you checked for an aftermarket fuel controller?

@PreachSF Care to chime in?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just bought the bike last month and have been working on getting it cleaned up.

i couldn't get much info from the previous owner because it was bought from the insurance company (2013 only 5600 miles) no other information available from them.

no idea on 02 sensor, or the intake ill check after work today and how would i know if the fuel controller is aftermarket?
thanks for the help so far!

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
I'll dig through some pictures and see if I can help illustrate some points.

Some pics of your would help. Maybe try a resize app?

Reactions: blackstone060

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
If your pipes have the billet clamp (shown in the pic below) then you have the newest version of the Ground Pounders and you do NOT need the oil relocation kit. That was part of the reason we redesigned the GP's .. so you didnt HAVE to add that kit if you wanted these pipes. I cant tell by your pics if the O2 sensors are installed in your pipes. If they arent, thats good .. you dont want them connected anyway. The only other thing you need to find out is if you have a fuel controller of some type on the bike. You NEED to have one to make up for all the extra air the pipes are flowing. Usually those are installed under the seat somewhere.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Grille Automotive lighting Automotive exhaust

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Regarding your intake, here is the stock airbox on the left. All aftermarket intakes (except for stage 1 filter) require the stock airbox to be removed. The picture on the right is my Third Gears Intake.

Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Automotive tire Bicycle handlebar Bicycle Automotive design

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Looking at your pics a little more closely .. i see 2 things.

1) - your oil cooler isnt bolted into the stock location, it LOOKS like the previous owner shoved the cooler back and make a small braket to keep it pushed back to allow the pipe to clear.

2) - the pipes have "natural" wrap, we only use the natural and black wraps on stainless pipes as those retain more water than the titanium wrap, so im 95% sure you have stainless pipes

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
The O2's, if you have them, will be located around here

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire

·
Registered
7,071 Posts

1) - your oil cooler isnt bolted into the stock location, it LOOKS like the previous owner shoved the cooler back and make a small braket to keep it pushed back to allow the pipe to clear.

2) - the pipes have "natural" wrap, we only use the natural and black wraps on stainless pipes as those retain more water than the titanium wrap, so im 95% sure you have stainless pipes
Did you guys offer stainless on the older style GP's?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

i think was thinking that the previous owner did exactly that with the oil cooler. is that bad? better for my bike to upgrade now? thanks for all the information, I have said it before, but this is the best forum/community I've ever been a member of :notworthy:

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
I don't see any intake tubes so it looks like maybe an S&S airbox under the tank??

With the intake and pipes you probably have a fuel controller somehere. Like @PreachSF stated you NEED one.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.