Question about Digital Guard Dawg Keyless Ignition | Page 2 | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Question about Digital Guard Dawg Keyless Ignition

Discussion in 'Victory Cross Country' started by alingo2001, Nov 22, 2015.

1. conklij

conklij Well-Known Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    2012 Victory Cross Roads
    I like manual mode as well.

2. TheBucket

TheBucket Active Member

2012 XCTour
    I've had my DGD installed for two years and it's flawless. No idea how they can remote start your bike, but I'll take everyone's word for it. The give you two FOB's. One I have for remote start - as described...get in range and hit the kill switch and everything fires up. Sometimes I have to jiggle the FOB in my coat pocket to activate the movement sensor. I also have the other FOB buried and hidden on the bike. If I ever forget (I did it once) to bring the FOB, I have a way to start it. I have that FOB set to only start on a push of the button.

3. caw391

caw391 Member

2013 Cross Roads Classic
    I have the DGD also. Once, wife and I went to breakfast and I left the fob in the garage. When I realized that, I called DGD and they confirmed which system I had installed and they told me the button sequence to press to start the bike. They do not remote start the bike for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. AzRocket

AzRocket Member

Victory XC
    Sorry to bring up an old post. I just put the DGD on and was wondering how they would help you over the phone. So by your post here, they give you a sequence of buttons to push. So once you've been told this sequence, you could (in theory) just start your bike like this any time? Or even someone else's bike that has the same DGD system as you?

5. TheBucket

TheBucket Active Member

2012 XCTour
    I'm guessing they have several sequence patterns and program their systems randomly. This would prevent one DGD from starting exactly like the next one when using the button sequence. I've never had to use it, so I'm not sure.

Give em a call

6. caw391

caw391 Member

2013 Cross Roads Classic
    I don't know. I suppose, in theory, what you've said could be true, but I didn't try to remember the sequence of steps and time delays in between steps it took. I was just glad to be started up again without a tow truck or cab ride home to get the key!

7. Sutherland

Sutherland Well-Known Member

08 Kingpin/2013 CCT
    Have one on my 08 KP since 8 years with no problem also have on 2013 CCT since new again no problems at all. And you couldn't ask for greater people to deal with, first class.
    Regards

8. Old-Gramps

Old-Gramps Well-Known Member

2014 Cross Country Tour
    I can vouch for the people at digi guard shop... one of the two fobs that came with mine about two or more years back had a range of around 22 feet on auto and they said that they would send me another with a little set up gizmo that makes it work with my setup... No problems at all and remember that is from the USA to Australia, and they paid the freight on it as well and told me to keep the other one as a spare on manual attached somewhere to the bike as a just in case needed..... It now resides in my waist bag that I never go without and thus I always have a spare with me.....

Real nice to do business with company's that don't quibble.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Victorya

Victorya Member

2016 XCT, 2011 XC, 2004 Vegas
    First off, thanks for bringing up an old post instead of starting a new one.

Not sure about DGD but the Harley Keyless systems all come from the factory with the same preset code and unless changed can be started without the fob. I have used this for a buddy who lost his fob on a road trip cause most Harley dealers don't even mention there is such a code to change.

10. Borinquen Veteran

Borinquen Veteran Well-Known Member

2015 Victory Cross Country Tour
    1485318444693-1801526001.jpg Hello guys. Sorry for bringing up older thread. I have an issue. I installed the system but it wasn't working properly. I attached the cable that hooks up to handle bars in the picture 17. I can turn the bike on but my horn, hazards, turn signals and lights go nuts and intermittently stop working. Looks like that hookup is for the left side of the handlebar. Where should the alarm hook up go? I couldn't find another hook up that would fit. I'm usually good about doing these type of work. I installed a PCV worth the Autotune....but this is kicking my butt.

11. Sutherland

Sutherland Well-Known Member

08 Kingpin/2013 CCT
    If you got problem hooking up this unit give them a call their service is the best,
    Regards

12. Borinquen Veteran

Borinquen Veteran Well-Known Member

2015 Victory Cross Country Tour
    I called them yesterday and they say that it's supposed to be hooked up to the right handlebar mount. The problem is that i can only find one hookup in the fairing and it's the number 17 on the picture. Is there another one that is not listed? The bike turns on when hooked it to the number17 adapter but it also gives me all sorts of issues

13. Rudeboy2064

Rudeboy2064 New Member

Victory Cross Country tour
    I can vouch for the Victory Keyless system. I haven't had a problem with it and it works great.