VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a XC and would like to add bling to it. I dont want to be eating beanie weenies in the process. I priced items on the Vic site and the prices are higher than a cats back, as my G-ma would say. Where is a good place to get accessories and not be in the poor house.
I want to add saddle bag lid rails, saddle bag protectors and fender trim. On the Vic site that adds up to around $800 smackers.
Thanks

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Welcome, grease up and enjoy those beanie weenies ;-).

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'll say it again. MAKE NICE WITH YOUR DEALER. I can get about 20% off accessories. You can too. If they know you will buy regularly, they will try to win you over with a 'better than ebay' price.

Back to the chrome:

I just got the XC hard bag protectors in. Plan on installing them this weekend. Only 5 bolts each side. I didn't think I would like the chrome. Considered painting or coating them black. Now I'm not sure. Will post some pics next week.

·
Registered
332 Posts
blkvegas07 said:
Well, I bought the XC used. The dealer wont be any help on accessories. So I guess Ebay is the way to go perhaps.
Money talks. Give them a chance to match or beat ebay prices. Even if you didn't buy it from them, they can still give you discounts. My business philosophy: Some money is better than no money.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

TS Davis
True. The card I play so far is this. I am the ONLY XC rider where I live. Up until a month ago I was the ONLY Victory rider in town. Now there is 1 more. I advertise big time for Victory.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts

When you play with the "big boys" you hafta expect some of the higher costs associated with the "Big Boys". The other american company also has tons of chrome stuff and it is not cheap. There are some aftermarket companies and folks starting to make some nice products for the XC and XR and so on.
Having come from Porsches I know only too well what it is to play with the "Big Boys". There aren't many of them out there, so anything you find will be expensive. Same is true for Vic, and maybe just a gouge-session for the other american bike company.
It's yer money, yer choice. Suck it up. You get what ya pay for.
eta moya dva rubles.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have had good luck with Cycle Ops, they are not much less expensive than Victory but are of a better quality. You can reach them at http://www.cycleopsusa.com/ it may help you find your parts.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
also try buywitchdoctor.com

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

So far I have the passenger backrest and luggage rack.
I am wanting to get
Saddle bag lid rails
saddlebag protectors
fender trim. - Personally, the Vic trim on the front fender doesnt match the fender. The front fender is currved, while the trim is square.
Thanks for the websites

·
Registered
330 Posts

ca95 said:
I have had good luck with Cycle Ops, they are not much less expensive than Victory but are of a better quality. You can reach them at http://www.cycleopsusa.com/ it may help you find your parts.
Thanks for the shout out, it's appreciated, and thanks for shopping with us too while I'm at it. Regarding pricing though,to be fair,comparing anything I make in-house to any OEM partisn't totally tellingthe whole story, or the value of our parts over OEM no less. Anything you'd compare would be their cheap cast aluminum and hastily chromed over, not solid billet aluminum machined on a CNC mill in most cases like you ALWAYS get from us. BIG difference.I give you top quality parts to the finest made in USA standards, with legitimate (and expensive!) triple show chrome, whereas many if not most Vic accessories are made for Vic in China by Kuryakyn, withcheaply appliedchomeover very noticeable polishingerrors and otherflaws.
See what I mean about our parts by looking over the new Cross Country and Cross Roads billet luggage racks we just brought to market. Pay attention to the closeups and do expand the photos as possible. Find me a poor rippled reflection of any sort in my chrome in the closeup picsand I'll send you a free rack!

·
Registered
399 Posts
CycleOpsUSA said:
Thanks for the shout out, it's appreciated, and thanks for shopping with us too while I'm at it. Regarding pricing though,to be fair,comparing anything I make in-house to any OEM partisn't totally tellingthe whole story, or the value of our parts over OEM no less. Anything you'd compare would be their cheap cast aluminum and hastily chromed over, not solid billet aluminum machined on a CNC mill in most cases like you ALWAYS get from us. BIG difference.I give you top quality parts to the finest made in USA standards, with legitimate (and expensive!) triple show chrome, whereas many if not most Vic accessories are made for Vic in China by Kuryakyn, withcheaply appliedchomeover very noticeable polishingerrors and otherflaws.
See what I mean about our parts by looking over the new Cross Country and Cross Roads billet luggage racks we just brought to market. Pay attention to the closeups and do expand the photos as possible. Find me a poor rippled reflection of any sort in my chrome in the closeup picsand I'll send you a free rack!
Haven't bought from these guys yet, but there stuff looks REAL NICE! I'm a Function over Form kinda guy so if it doesn't improve some performance aspect (HP/TQ, braking, handling, storage, etc..) I'm hesitant to buy. Cycle Ops looks like real nice stuff though...

·
Registered
330 Posts
PrometheusVII said:
Haven't bought from these guys yet, but there stuff looks REAL NICE! I'm a Function over Form kinda guy so if it doesn't improve some performance aspect (HP/TQ, braking, handling, storage, etc..) I'm hesitant to buy. CycleOps looks like real nice stuff though...
Thanks bro, kind of you to say. Looks like you definitely practice what you preach based on your signature, lots of nicegoodies you've got in there. As for performance enhancing, maybe would could say because our chrome is so smoothour racksimprove aerodynamics? ;o)
In checking out your photos, I noticed you still have the stock clutch cover on. With all that horsepower and heavier clutch you really should have a clutch cover made to give added support to the weak case wall behind it. The clutch cover in our new CNCd engine cover sets will do just that. Not only are they made with a 4 bolt pattern (your case is pre-drilled/tapped to accomodate it with no mods) , but I also paid attention to the backside as well, leaving more meat where it'll support your case more than any other on the market. You may want to check them out. They're so new they're stillat the chromer's and the satin black ones already left the powder coater and are at the machinistnow getting the contrast cut engravings. They'll all be here and ready to ship in a week.

·
Registered
399 Posts
CycleOpsUSA said:
Thanks bro, kind of you to say. Looks like you definitely practice what you preach based on your signature, lots of nicegoodies you've got in there. As for performance enhancing, maybe would could say because our chrome is so smoothour racksimprove aerodynamics? ;o)
In checking out your photos, I noticed you still have the stock clutch cover on. With all that horsepower and heavier clutch you really should have a clutch cover made to give added support to the weak case wall behind it. The clutch cover in our new CNCd engine cover sets will do just that. Not only are they made with a 4 bolt pattern (your case is pre-drilled/tapped to accomodate it with no mods) , but I also paid attention to the backside as well, leaving more meat where it'll support your case more than any other on the market. You may want to check them out. They're so new they're stillat the chromer's and the satin black ones already left the powder coater and are at the machinistnow getting the contrast cut engravings. They'll all be here and ready to ship in a week.
"Our racks improve aerodynamics", that's some funny scheite there. Seriously though, I was thiking about that Flying V Luggage Rack, just dont know if it will mount to the stock passenger backrest (your input is welcome). Then there is the tough decision, Chrome or Powdercoated? Probably chrome to match the passenger backrest(at least partly (I know your piece will look much better than the factory piece)).
Now, that CNCd engine cover set for more strength strikes a chord with my more practical/performance orientedside. Now that you mention it, Adam at Lloydz did say something about that, but they were out of his custom Lloyds covers.
What pieces are in the set? What kind of contrast engravings? Can I get custom engraving (why look like everyone else?)? Do they come with new chrome fasteners/gasketor reuse the stockers? Pics/$$...
I'm in Afghanistan, so sometimes replys may take some time. Your patients is appreciated.
Thanks Broddah..

·
Registered
330 Posts
PrometheusVII said:
"Our racks improve aerodynamics", that's some funny scheite there. Seriously though, I was thiking about that Flying V Luggage Rack, just dont know if it will mount to the stock passenger backrest (your input is welcome). Then there is the tough decision, Chrome or Powdercoated? Probably chrome to match the passenger backrest(at least partly (I know your piece will look much better than the factory piece)).

Now, that CNCd engine cover set for more strength strikes a chord with my more practical/performance oriented side. Now that you mention it, Adam at Lloydz did say something about that, but they were out of his custom Lloyds covers.

What pieces are in the set? What kind of contrast engravings? Can I get custom engraving (why look like everyone else?)? Do they come with new chrome fasteners/gasket or reuse the stockers? Pics/$$...

I'm in Afghanistan, so sometimes replys may take some time. Your patients is appreciated.

Thanks Broddah..
First off, thanks for your service and do get your a$$ home safe and sound, you hear?
The sets include a clutch and cam cover, and includes new mounting hardware as well.
This flame set were my prototypes done to assure the fit was perfect (it was). The other 4 stock designs are coming back from the chromer this week, as well as the black sets currently being contrast engraved at the machinist which should be arriving here ready in about 10 days or less.

This one was customized (heavily rounded edges) but with our standard engraving style, to mmet the look he was after. This set is just in polished ibllet, not chrome, per customer's request.

You can see the full slideshow with lots of pics on my site at http://www.cycleopsusa.com/custombillet.html#ec.

·
Registered
463 Posts
watch the saddlebag lid rails, apparently Victory doesnt warranty the cracks that happen after install...............
blkvegas07 said:
So far I have the passenger backrest and luggage rack.
I am wanting to get
Saddle bag lid rails
saddlebag protectors
fender trim. - Personally, the Vic trim on the front fender doesnt match the fender. The front fender is currved, while the trim is square.

Thanks for the websites

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.