Purchasing a Scout | Victory Motorcycles: Motorcycle Forums

Purchasing a Scout

Discussion in 'Indian Scout' started by planetvic22, Jun 2, 2017.

1. planetvic22

planetvic22 New Member

Type of Motorcycle Currently Riding:
    gunner
    Hello Everyone,

I am looking to purchase a Scout and am looking for what others paid for theirs. I test rode one today and was really impressed. I had originally set my sights on a Victory Gunner, but the price seemed a bit steep considering they're ending production.

There is a pretty sweet Scout promotion going on right now through the end of month that is too good to pass up. I would like to have an idea of what others' paid so I know if the dealer is being straight with me or not.

I was quoted $14,000 at the dealer with the promotion of $0 down, 0% interest, and $500 parts credit today.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. 8Ball Rider

8Ball Rider New Member

2016 Vegas 8 Ball
    Sounds like full price to me. I just purchased a used 2016 with 3000 miles for under 9k. I would shop around some more. Try craigslist and cycle trader as a lot of dealers post there.

3. Trout

Trout Well-Known Member

2013 XCT, 1989 Guzzi Mille GT, 2001 Guzzi Jackal, 2013 Guzzi Griso
    TOO MUCH! Way too much.
    Saw a Judge on ebay for just over $6000.00.
    There was a 2012 Cross Tour in St Augustine FL with lots of xtras that went for $8500.
    There are good deals out there just got to find them.
    Don't be concerned about Vic's not being produced there will be many of them still on the road & running just fine 30 years from now.

4. ultratoad

ultratoad Active Member

Victory Hammer S and Indian Scout
    Just something to think about.... I have a 2015 Scout and enjoy riding it , fun in the twisties with good road manners and acceleration.... However, physically small for long distance riding and buzzy at freeway speeds.... I also have a Hammer S, which is just as much fun to ride (more actually) and it is totally at home at freeway speeds.... It will run all day at 85 mph without breaking a sweat.... If I were you, I would take another look at the Gunner--sweet bike....

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. primethious

primethious Well-Known Member

2012 Victory Cross Roads
    If your just stuck on the Scout I'd suggest looking into an Octane as it's the same bike only better and now less money.

• Agree Agree x 2