VOG Forum banner

Purchasing a Dobeck Performance AFR+ for my 03 Vegas

1320 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Creek_IP
As the title says, I am about to purchase an AFR+ from Dobeck Performance. I've already decided that this is the best fuel controller for my needs, I just wanted to get some feedback from anyone else that has installed the AFR+ on an older victory like mine about the install process and level of difficulty. I haven't found any videos or write-ups on installing this fuel controller on an earlier freedom engine bike. Any input would be greatly helpful. Thank you.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,697 Posts
I don't believe it would be a big task it wasn't to bad on my Cross Country could see how it could be harder on a bike with a few less components. A plug in each head, 02 sensor for front pipe, then placing the little computer somewhere mine is under tank then the gauge mine is on bars. Also piece of advise if you have not purchased yet, Lloydz has the same unit with a little tweaking beneficial to Victory and I want to say it is a touch cheaper to purchase. The instructions that came with the unit were well spelled out and didn't have to revert to questions about anything. Only problem I had with install was my error, I broke the nipple on my fuel pump during tank placement.

· Registered
1,410 Posts
Does the 03 have O2 sensors? If not, that will be the biggest task. Any muffler shop can install the O2 bung that Doebeck provides if you take the headpipe to them. If you are veteran or police/fire, order from Doebeck if you want a deep discount. If not, go with Lloydz. I didn't realize Lloyd had changed the base map on the Gen4. If that's the case, be sure to get tuning guidance from the correct source to avoid frustration.

· Registered
2,697 Posts
Lloydz gives a discount as well........ they both come with the exact same stuff and instructions, trust me I have the lloydz my father has the dobeck, same thing.....

· Registered
1,410 Posts
Lloydz gives a discount as well........ they both come with the exact same stuff and instructions, trust me I have the lloydz my father has the dobeck, same thing.....
Cool! I just remembered some folks in the past having issues using Doebeck guidance on a VFC3. It makes since that the instructions are the same with the AFR+/GEN4 since you have the gauge right there. Thanks for clearing that up for me. I also didn't realize Lloyd did the discount. I'll certainly check more carefully in the future cause I'd much rather support the man who has pioneered so much for us in the Vic community. I just try to save when I can. That said, I'll pay a little extra to buy local instead of online.

Reactions: [email protected]
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.