VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All! I am purchasing my first Victory this week! A 2013 CCT!
Any advice on what I should be looking for on pick up?
This is all new to me, drive a friends for a short distance and loved it, so goodbye GoldWing and hello CCT!
And advise on what to look for would be appreciated!
Cheers

·
Registered
603 Posts
I have the exact same bike with 42k miles. Tires and oil changes. I expect it to go over 80k before it needs anything else. And due to the reliability, It is only a guess that something might go bad. If you run 'em hard they are supposed to be tough on clutches. Downshift to first at lights and stay in gear so you won't have to listen to that damn clunk. That, and the rattle of the plastics on bumps are my only complaints. After 6 seasons I bought a new battey so I woulnd't get caught with a dead one and wish I had waited at least until next spring.
Look into the adjustable timing wheel. It really smoothed out my bike. If you decide to change your pipes, look into the Bassani 2 into 1. I think they sound good, look good and feel like they boosted the power.
Go to Witchdoctors for some parts and find their link to PaulJP videos. He does the best vids, hands down, on all the things you might do. I've watched a few of them numerous times just because they are so well done.
Otherwise, just enjoy your ride

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
They are really pretty bullet proof, oil changes, tires, and brake pads for me. You'll read time to time here some body having a premature failure on something, not the norm. Do some research first before you go mod happy. I have the timing wheel and a PCV, bike runs like a mofo and I'm happy. How ever if I was starting fresh, I would go the Maximus route. Remember Vic's LIKE rpms, don't be scared to run around 2,8-3k rpm. Have fun making it your own. AND,,,,:worthless:

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Me: 2013 Cross Tour, 60,000 miles, lives outside, daily rider with long weekend rides = GTO (Gas, Tires, Oil + battery).

Don't baby it.
Run it around 3000/3200 rpm
Shift at 3500 or higher.
Slow group rides leave it in 4th. or lead the ride & tell them "I'll wait on you at the stop signs".

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are really pretty bullet proof, oil changes, tires, and brake pads for me. You'll read time to time here some body having a premature failure on something, not the norm. Do some research first before you go mod happy. I have the timing wheel and a PCV, bike runs like a mofo and I'm happy. How ever if I was starting fresh, I would go the Maximus route. Remember Vic's LIKE rpms, don't be scared to run around 2,8-3k rpm. Have fun making it your own. AND,,,,:worthless:
Thanks for the info... and not sure what my problem is, but for the life of me can not upload a picture??

·
Registered
9,223 Posts
Welcome, 2012 CCT here and loving it. No issues, just good ol basic maintenance. Of course, it has it's own noises and personality, but not a big deal. Mostly just a lot of fun to ride, still after 40k plus miles.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a 2015 CCT 35,000 miles and no problems at all. I had a PCV and auto tune but replaced it with the Maximus tuner. Absolutely love it. I also have the LSC lloydz cams. Bike runs awesome. You will love it.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Hi All! I am purchasing my first Victory this week! A 2013 CCT!
Any advice on what I should be looking for on pick up?
This is all new to me, drive a friends for a short distance and loved it, so goodbye GoldWing and hello CCT!
And advise on what to look for would be appreciated!
Cheers
Welcome to the Victory XC journey. I've had mine a couple years now and love it.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
What year goldwing did you have? I traded in a 2002 that I had for 10 seasons on a brand-new 2013, didn't look back. I've got almost 46,000 on it now.

Reactions: MagVic CCT

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
Run bike serial number for recalls to see if needed they were done, Fuel Pump, Something with brake line and there was a problem with one of the locking system for bags, can;t remember of hand which side. Other that that as said gas. oil, tires, brakes general maintenance. I have 82,000 KMS on my 13 CCT with cams, timing wheel, air filter, ness big honkers, PC 5 working great
Regards

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Are you posting from a computer or mobile device?

·
Registered
9,223 Posts
Pics would be great, but go ride and I and, I'll bet, all the others would love to hear your impressions about how the bike rides and handles for you. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Had a chance to ride a little yesterday and LOVE IT! Love the seating position, the ride comfort, the vibration of the V Twin and the PIPES!! Feel I made the right choice. And LOVE this site!
Thanks for all the comments!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.