VOG Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone install pullback bars yet and what do you think of them? I'm 6'1" and the bars to me are 2" too far forward, someone at Vic corporate has extremely long arms! Better yet how about Kewlmetal or Cycleops making some brackets for the current bars that will move them back, anybody know of anything on that front?

·
Registered
471 Posts

SRVT has them(http://santarosaveetwin.com/). I got one of their 1st sets and they did the trick for me. Identical to the stock bars in appearance only they comeback another 2". All stock controls fit - didn't replace anything. On the 1st batch several of the holes were in the wrong place and where they mount hadn't been 'knarled' but the guy mounting them took care of all that with little problem. Not sure if they have corrected those shortcomings or not as of yet.
RR

·
Registered
444 Posts
Hey RoadRocket is there a way you can post a couple pictures with you sitting on the bike. I would like to see how relaxed your arms are with the new handlebars. Thanks

·
Registered
2,719 Posts

bikendad said:
Anyone install pullback bars yet and what do you think of them? I'm 6'1" and the bars to me are 2" too far forward, someone at Vic corporate has extremely long arms! Better yet how about Kewlmetal or Cycleops making some brackets for the current bars that will move them back, anybody know of anything on that front?
The bars are too far forward for you? even after moving stock bars? or did I misread Vic's literature that the stock bars are adjustable?
You could probably contact the foks at Kewlmetal and they would probably make what you need.

·
Registered
444 Posts
The only adjustment on the Cross Country bars is to loosen the riser clamp and move the bar up or down. It does nothing for front to rear adjustment. I use the drivers backrest to move me a little closer to the bar ends. I mentioned this to Scott at conquest Customs in Boca Raton FL and he said Victory is just starting to address this issue. He deals in Victory's only and will also build what you need. I found this reach to the bars an issue on the Cross Roads as well. If you were to put the Cross Country bars on the Cross Roads that would do it.

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
stilcrazee said:
bikendad said:
The bars are too far forward for you? even after moving stock bars? or did I misread Vic's literature that the stock bars are adjustable?
You could probably contact the foks at Kewlmetal and they would probably make what you need.
Bars only move up and down and they almost hit the tank now when turning, no adjustment potential there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.