VOG Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After having been off of two wheels for almost three years I'm ready to get back on the iron horse. I love the looks of Victory. I'm sad to see the brand leave. I have an opportunity to purchase a 2013 Judge in orange. Mostly stock although the owner did move the controls forward which will help as I'm 6' and 230 lbs. First move would be to get new exhaust. I almost purchased a 2013 Super Glide but I saw this Judge and my breath was taken away.

I know this might get some fanboy reactions but I'll ask anyway. With Victory being gone is it a good idea to purchase an already 5 year old bike from a now defunct vendor? The bike has under 6k miles and they are asking $5,500. I'm not yet ready for a big cruiser although I'm in my mid 40's now. I think I got a few more years. I want to add some hard bags to the side and see if I can find a backrest.

Overall thoughts are appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
26,158 Posts
After the announcement Victory was being killed I went out and bought a second Victory, a 2008 Vision to go with my 2013.

BTW, you can edit titles. Up around the title there should be something like thread tools and in there you can edit the title.

Reactions: KeepRidin!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After the announcement Victory was being killed I went out and bought a second Victory, a 2008 Vision to go with my 2013.

BTW, you can edit titles. Up around the title there should be something like thread tools and in there you can edit the title.
Perfect, thanks for the edit options. Glad to see you are confident enough in the machine to get a second one. Helps nudge me a little closer.

Reactions: VicVisionBulldog

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Really no big worries IMHO. Lots of bang for the buck, go for it!

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
The engine is barely broke in, there are people here that do at least 6k a season.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Nice! Unless you found something screwy during your pre-buy inspection $5,500 sounds like a good deal.

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
The judge is cool man!

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Not sure on the Judges but I see it has passenger foot pegs. Many Vics left the factory solo set up and I can tell you the rear pegs for steel frames is like looking for hens teeth.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Just do it...

·
Super Moderator
26,158 Posts
The engine is barely broke in, there are people here that do at least 6k a season.
Barely broke in? It hasn't even started, imho. I swear my 13 Vision wasn't fully broke in until 20K. It just kept getting better and better.

And yes 6K is nothing on a Vic.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I actually bought my 2016 Cross Country new last August. I'm not worried about parts. They should be able to be scrounged up for a long time. Accessories... not so much.

That's a good looking bike with a good price. Buy it, ride it, Love it.

My 2014 Indian Chieftain stays in the garage a lot since I bought the Cross Country.

Reactions: bikendad

·
Registered
12,831 Posts
I actually bought my 2016 Cross Country new last August. I'm not worried about parts. They should be able to be scrounged up for a long time. Accessories... not so much.

That's a good looking bike with a good price. Buy it, ride it, Love it.

My 2014 Indian Chieftain stays in the garage a lot since I bought the Cross Country.
See that's what I was worried about. Buying another bike and keeping my XC.
I come away from Demos all the time saying
"wow I love my bike ".
If anything I may buy another XC / Magnum or a Vision Street. No trunks needed.

Cmon Indian ? You can do better.
Scott, Indian is not the better horse to ride. Ask anyone who owns a Victory.

·
Super Moderator
26,158 Posts
or a Vision Street.
You might want to buy a closeout panel now while you still can. I don't see many Streets out there but a Tour is certainly easy to find and simply convert like I did.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you for all the info. This past weekend I was lucky enough to find the bike I really wanted. I pulled the trigger on a 2011 Kingpin. As the saying goes, besides looking like the bike I wanted, it just felt right.

I drive down (two hours away) to pick her up on Wednesday 5/23/2018. Can't wait. Took off Friday just so I can ride all day.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Welcome aboard Mork! Congrats on the new KP!

So how did the riding go?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Poseidon,
It was fantastic. You don't realize how much you miss it until you're on the road again. Of course, we've only had three nice days in the past week and next week will be all rain as well .

·
Super Moderator
26,158 Posts
No pictures? Shame on you!

I've seen a correlation in guys that ride a Kingpin later ride a Vision. Seems to be the natural progression of things. So being you first liked the Vision it makes total sense to me that you like the Pin.

I had a beautiful 07 KP Tour. I still miss it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.